Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-41M
CPU
Q9550
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using the DP port and the Mojave is 10.14.5.
I took the installation and plugged it to my EP35 system and it managed to boot successfully. The GPU on the EP35 is GeForce 440 so the display was not right. Anyway good thing is it booted Mojave successfully. I have just taken the HD out and plug it back to the G41M / Sapphire RX580 system. It is still at black screen and the hd is running at the moment I am typing. Will try and plug the Sapphire GPU into the EP35 after this to see it works. Thanks anyway. Will keep you posted.

Just tried putting RX580 into EP35 and boot the Mojave installation. Success with both DP and HDMI ports. All booted to black screen.

Took the RX580 GPU and plugged into the EP35. Still black screen with DP and HDMI. Swapped back the GT440 GPU Mojave booted up at 1024x768.

Attachments

• IMG_2992.jpg
    IMG_2992.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 55
A happy update. Manage to sucessfully boot up my rig to Mojave with full graphic acceleration, working, built in Ethernet and USB audio.
Mojave 10.14.6 is now running on my G41M-Combo Intel Quad Q9550 8GB 1333 Hz RAM Sapphire RX580 GB Nitro GPU.
I threw away all my modified EFI files put in the original Multibeast installed ones. Copied com.apple.telemetry.plugin into S/L/E. Also added AAMouSSE.kext file to the EFI/Kext/Other folder and modified the AppleAHCI as suggested by Juseon. Kudos to him for the help. No Lilu and WEG were used in the process.

A happy update. Manage to sucessfully boot up my rig to Mojave with full graphic acceleration, working, built in Ethernet and USB audio.
Mojave 10.14.6 is now running on my G41M-Combo Intel Quad Q9550 8GB 1333 Hz RAM Sapphire RX580 GB Nitro GPU.
I threw away all my modified EFI files put in the original Multibeast installed ones. Copied com.apple.telemetry.plugin into S/L/E. Also added AAMouSSE.kext file to the EFI/Kext/Other folder and modified the AppleAHCI as suggested by Juseon. Kudos to him for the help. No Lilu and WEG were used in the process.
Glad you got it working. Also, do use SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 as it will enable dgpu hardware encode/decode. I'd suggest using WEG + Lilu as it fixes purple lines and flickering issues right before reaching GUI.

Last edited:
Glad you got it working. Also, do use SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 as it will enable dgpu hardware encode/decode. I'd suggest using WEG + Lilu as it fixes purple lines and flickering issues right before reaching GUI.
Ok will try later today. Thanks again.

Done. Thanks. Attached snapshot. Flickering issues gone.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 7.54.36 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 7.54.36 AM.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 70
FYI, your tip above remove all the lag and green artifacts when I played my 4K drone file. It is now super smooth. Is that due to the dgpu hardware encode/decode? Juseon123 you rock!

Hi, I have Mojave 10.14.6 installed on my Gigabyte G41M-Combo with Sapphire RX580 8GB Nitro running nicely.
After reading your upgrade path, I followed your instructions and managed to get to the installation screen of Catalina after the language selection part. The installation could not detect my Mojave HD for installation. Any idea what went wrong?
@seehong Trying copying IOATAFamily.Kext from Mojave to your E/C/K/O folder to boot into macOS Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back