Contribute
Register

Problem after upgrade the CPU on my probook 4530s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refer to the service manual provided by HP.
I did the CMOS reset by removing the small battery at the motherboard wait for few minutes and reinstall again but, nothing change. I also update the BIOS to F.61 but continue same. I thing I need to live with this and hit enter every boot:):evil:

I did the CMOS reset by removing the small battery at the motherboard wait for few minutes and reinstall again but, nothing change. I also update the BIOS to F.61 but continue same. I thing I need to live with this and hit enter every boot:):evil:

Or have HP help you fix it properly. If you go back to the old CPU, does the problem go away?

Trying the new bios, post results.

didn't see any battery on the motherboard when remove the CPU, will check again re-open the laptop. post the results, Thanks again.

Probably a hardware issue i.e BIOS chip. CMOS battery can be found on the motherboard requires disassembling the laptop.

Or have HP help you fix it properly. If you go back to the old CPU, does the problem go away?
I put the old CPU back, but still the same.

Thanks RehabMan, probably replace the motherboard will be cheaper. I will call HP to see how much cost to re-brand. Thanks again.
UPDATE (02/09/2017): Funded a cheap motherboard on Ebay, Now boot as usual, No more BIOS problem at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back