Contribute
Register

Problem after upgrade the CPU on my probook 4530s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Swift 3 SF314-51
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Any one have this problem before ?. After upgrade the CPU on my probook 4530s from I3 to I7-2670QM. at first boot there was a Message said:
Manufacturing program mode set 1 of 10. I followed a solution from HP website, now the computer boots but every time I turn on the computer show this message (see photo). When I press Enter it boot normally. Sometimes re-boot by itself after input my OSX login password.
In about this Mac shows the correct CPU ( i7-2670QM).
In a short chat with HP, they said I need to visit an authorized HP repair center to re-brand the computer.
Any advice will be appreciate.

Attachments

• IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 437
Any one have this problem before ?. After upgrade the CPU on my probook 4530s from I3 to I7-2670QM. at first boot there was a Message said:
Manufacturing program mode set 1 of 10. I followed a solution from HP website, now the computer boots but every time I turn on the computer show this message (see photo). When I press Enter it boot normally. Sometimes re-boot by itself after input my OSX login password.
In a short chat with HP, they said I need to visit an authorized HP repair center to re-brand the computer.

If a CMOS reset + BIOS reflash doesn't take care of the problem, then you will probably need to do what HP says...

Never had that when upgrading the CPU on the 4530s wether its the i3 version or i5 version. Possibly try a BIOS update. The current CPU i have in my 4530s is the i7-2630QM which came out of a Dell. Which BIOS version are you running?

Too me it looks like that your BIOS has lost its information regarding Serial Number, Product Number etc.

Never had that when upgrading the CPU on the 4530s wether its the i3 version or i5 version. Possibly try a BIOS update. The current CPU i have in my 4530s is the i7-2630QM which came out of a Dell. Which BIOS version are you running?

Too me it looks like that your BIOS has lost its information regarding Serial Number, Product Number etc.
I run latest bios V.60

If a CMOS reset + BIOS reflash doesn't take care of the problem, then you will probably need to do what HP says...
Thanks for your quick reply. I already did BIOS reflash but nothing change. when you said CMOS reset means: disconnect from battery and power outlet and press Power switch EC reset ?

Thanks for your quick reply. I already did BIOS reflash but nothing change. when you said CMOS reset means: disconnect from battery and power outlet and press Power switch EC reset ?

CMOS battery is a small battery on the motherboard. CMOS reset involves removing that battery for a short bit...

CMOS battery is a small battery on the motherboard. CMOS reset involves removing that battery for a short bit...
didn't see any battery on the motherboard when remove the CPU, will check again re-open the laptop. post the results, Thanks again.

didn't see any battery on the motherboard when remove the CPU, will check again re-open the laptop. post the results, Thanks again.

Refer to the service manual provided by HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back