Motherboard
Asrock z77 Professional M
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA gtx 760 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, I installed 10.8.2 combo update. After that I had to rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext to be able to boot normally. Up to this point, no problem. After that I reinstalled Nvidia drivers. There problem came. I am locked waiting to boot. If I try with -v, all process seems to go well, but at the end I get black screen and a quick line with some timeout appears time by time at the top of monitor.

My card is a gtx 560Ti with 2gb ram. I have to say that to install drivers, I had to use a little trick. I had to open package and extract webDriverPayload_68z6s.pkg . This because my system is setup as an iMac 12,2, and with such system definition drivers won't install normally. But I used this trick in past with official nvidia drivers, also in 10.8.1, and it worked fine.

For the moment I'll stay with apple drivers, but any tip is welcome.

I don't understand your post... can you boot? If it is a no, try to boot with -x -v

Afterwards run the 10.8.2 Combo update again, apply the patches, and then reboot.
Don't install the nVidia drivers as they don't work with 10.8.2.

I could boot until I installed the nvidia drivers. after that I couldn't. I had a carbon copied system, so I rolled back. But I wanted to know if these Nvidia drivers work for others, or if we have to wait for a new version working on 10.8.2. on Nvidia site it says drivers are for 10.8.1 and above.

Actually; you cannot install the 10.8.1 nvidia drivers without trashing your installation... I had to revert back to my clone of 10.8.1 where everything worked perfectly.

Apple changed not only the nvidia drivers with this update; but also some of the core services... even if you replace all nvidia extensions; you still have problem logging into your hack...

either nVidia provide another driver set (I do not know why should they do that); or we can look into the files that was replaced in this update.

Maybe someone can investigate this (I know I am); if I find anything I will come back to this post.

Edit:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...i-sleep-wake-freeze-thread-83.html#post454422

Check this solution out... it fixes the 10.8.2 problem (to some extent)... you might have the occasional wake from screen saver or sleep problem; but not that much.
I have EVGA GTS 450; others reported perfect working system.

I suggest reading the previous posts and the later ones for a complete understanding of what was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back