Contribute
Register

Probably an easy fix, or not (wifi problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock 87M PRO4
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i have a high sierra install that HAS workeds flawless with a wifi card(tp-link T6e) for half a year.
SUDDENLY it stoped working, saying invalid pass. Ive got a usb with a ubuntu on and it can connect to the Router without isues.
Tryed to schwitc wifi-channel ... NO luck. tryed to removeve the network configuration .... NO LUCK.
any one with an idea ?
/Renekim

The TP-Link T6E uses a Broadcom BCM4360 chip, so it should theoretically work without the need for any patches or config.plist fixes.
  1. You need to remove any patches or fixes you have tried implementing to fix this issue.
  2. You should then add AirportBrcmFixup.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, copy of the kext is attached.
  3. You then need to add brcmfx-driver=1 boot argument to your config.plist to force the correct driver/kext to load.
    • 0 - AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG,
    • 1 - AirPortBrcm4360,
    • 2 - AirPortBrcmNIC,
    • 3 - AirPortBrcm4331
See if that helps.

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 45
well... it removed my wifi ENTIERLY :/ .... dident help
i added the brcmfx-driver=1in Boot arguments in clover.config

I have never heard of the AirportBrcmFixup kext and boot argument removing the WiFi device. Not without the user doing something that is fundamentally wrong.

my fault *blush*

i seems that i have in my panic patche the air....fixup to my setup (i have REALY worked with it today :D
where in clover configurator do i put the boot arg.... tryed onto the boot in clover but that only removes my HW.

More News....we are back .. Still SAME PROBS. i hav cleaend up my mess with the kext ive installed with kextbeast and are now here .
When i install the Air.....Fixup kext and aplie the boot-arg in clover. it make my wifi (No hardware installed)
any guesses ?

/renekim

The boot argument needs to be added to the Boot section of the config.plist, as shown in the screenshot below (viewed in Clover Configurator):

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 20.35.26.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.20.36.png
no dice. it removes my wifi :D
if i run Kextviewer i get the airport..... kext.
ive tryed to remove it.. no dice.. the weird thing is that the kext dosent show up. ive puttet in other.. dubbel checked it.
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.24.07.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 12.20.36.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back