Contribute
Register

Pro Tools HD2 PCI compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro Tools HD3 PCI Build 2012

Ok, more than willing to put an Ivy Bridge, but... The distribution of the sata connectors may be blocked by the length of the ProTools PCI cards. I've read a lot of comments regarding that issue in other mobos. :S

Hello there, I'm trying to do the same here, but I have an HD3 so I would need the Jetway MB (which I can't find on amazon nor ebay and I don't know where to find it with some warranties). I read that some successful builts were done with an i72600k Sandy Bridge... Are the new Ivy bridges out of the question for a Customac running Protools PCIX? Thanks.

This thread made me curious. I have an HD3 PCI running very well on a GA-H55-USB3, but its old (SATA 3G). I took a look on Newegg for 3+ PCI slot mobos, and many of them (Asus) have non-adjacent slots :(. There's plenty of info here on TonyMac about the Jetway boards, so that's a possibility. One Ivy Bridge board I saw that no one is talking about is the Intel DH77KC. It seems to have all the right stuff: SATA 6G, USB3, even a PCIe mini slot for mSATA. The only tiny downside is a low number of internal SATA ports (2x6G & 3x3G). You could drop an i7-3770 in there and run HD3 Accel PCI. Anyone know anything about this board?

There's also a Foxconn Z68A-S, that might work.

Good luck finding the GA-B75-D3P. Thing is hard to find... :-/

Pro Tools HD3 PCI compatibility

in another thread, DBP mentions a Gigabyte GA-P75-D3P which has native PCI support, four adjacent PCI slots and mSATA. :D There is a similar model, the GA-P75-D3 which has a slightly different layout.

Has anyone reported succesful built with this mobo with PT PCIX?
I'm currently finishing some jobs and I'm a little busy right now and I don't mean to be selfish using the hard work of investigation and so for my own benefits alone, but I'll go with whatever works the best right now with my old rig.

I'll keep your GA-H55-USB3 in mind.

I need to upgrade. Badly :S

Thank you all.

I have given up. I'm going to go for a top notch Hackintosh despite losing the PCIX bays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back