Graphics
?
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I tried installing Avid's Pro Tools 9.0.5 on both 10.7.1 and 10.7.2. I don't have any extra plugins installed.

Every time I try to start protools, I get a "Pro Tools quit unexpectedly" error once "creating DAE objects" comes up on the load screen.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

It works fine on other Lion machines, so I'm assuming it's a 4530s issue. I tried running it on a fresh OSX install, too, so there's no conflicting software.

Sorry you don't have the 4530s anywhere an I wanted to be sure PRO tools wasn't being thrown in with the PRO book.

I haven't tried it. Have a link for me? I can look tomorrow and see if it loads for me.

Actually, I think I found a work around for anyone else experiencing issues booting PT9.

While booting PT, hold "N"

This will bring up hardware playback options, and from there select the analog device.

This will allow you to open the software to change your hardware back to your preferred settings in your hardware preferences.

Sorry for posting so quickly, but hopefully this helps some other people.

What kext do you use for audio? VoodooHDA or AppleHDA ?

What about working machines?

Our AppleHDA has external audio input currently not working.

I'm currently getting my old sample libraries loaded back up. I'll let you know how everything goes.

I'm currently only using the kexts found in the latest update pack.

Edit: I tested the audio, and everything seems to be working with an M-Audio FastTrack Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back