Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,

I am new, so hi!

Lately I bought an Hackintosh, everything works ok.
I installed the latest pro tools, PT11.

My iLock is 2nd gen, and I had an free upgrade from PT10 to PT 11, student version.

I am getting this error in my console:

27-07-13 17:50:25,000 kernel[0]: smb_treeconnect_internal: Malformed tree connect with a bad word count! wc= 2

The wierd thing is, PT 11 started up once correctly, all the others times it didnt.

I only get the startup screen like this (with PT11 instead of 10): http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/MrO11/fail.jpg

Does somebody know what to do? would like to start working on some projects.

Thnx in advance...

Hey there, Sorry to hear PT 11 isn't playing ball.. What version of 10 are you running? It looks like from your picture that it is v10.0.0 is that correct? Just curious, not thinking it will affect PT11's ability to run..

I am running OSX 10.8.3 on my hack and 10.8.4 on my MBP. PT 11 works on both no worries at all.. There is hope and you don't "need" to run 10.8.4 for PT11 to function..

Anyways..

I can't categorically diagnose what's going on for you (maybe someone with a little more experience can) but it never hurts to run through this helpful list from avid.. No guarantees it will sort it out for you, but it's always nice to know that you're giving your hack its best chance to run PT 11 nicely..

All the best,

good luck with PT11..

(Stick to PT 10.3.X if you need to work, 11 hasn't got the plugin power quite yet.. NEARLY though :thumbup:)

I am running both PT10.3.2.47 and PT11.0.1.544 with no issues at the moment if using my Digi002 Firewire interface. My HD Accel cards and 192 interface are not working with either versions of PT due to software incompatibility, however they work fine for all other audio applications and iTunes. I am guessing you would need to be running ML 10.8.4 to run PT10 and 11 properly. No clue why it would have worked for you only briefly.

Thnx 4 the reply guys,

PT 10 and 11 do work now, but they load very slowly.
It takes 10 minutes to start them up, and they freeze up after a while but do continue.

I have the bad wc=2 still, so maybe thats still the problem.
Will check that list and see wither I need 10.8.4

Will report when I checked this.

thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back