Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GIGABYTE Z68AP-D3 (bios F3)
Intel i7 2600k 3.41
8gb (2cards x4gb kingston)
GEFORCE 210GT 512MB

Install fresh LION 10.7.4 all work fine!!! and fast.

when i try to lunch pro tools 10 , it take 10-20 minutes to "splash" screen to show up
and then i wait 4 minutes on "loading pro tools" and then all work fine

how i can fix it?

Lo,
That's a very common problem with PT9 and 10.

What build version of PT10?
Do you have a working network card in the hack? Onboard etc?

No en0 problem:
Open a terminal and type
Code:
ifconfig en0
If you get the message
Code:
ifconfig: interface en0 does not exist

Then that's your problem, if not ..

Try to disable the network in general, meaning remove the kext or disable/remove the network in the Network configuration screen, reboot and start PT again.

Cheers

forch said:
Lo,
That's a very common problem with PT9 and 10.

What build version of PT10?
Do you have a working network card in the hack? Onboard etc?

No en0 problem:
Open a terminal and type
Code:
ifconfig en0
If you get the message
Code:

Then that's your problem, if not ..

Try to disable the network in general, meaning remove the kext or disable/remove the network in the Network configuration screen, reboot and start PT again.

Cheers

thank for help! ..
so i do not connect to internet or wifi
and in terminal i get this

Code:

what you mean it is my problem ?
i cant fix it?

Hmm, k ..
The easiest way to get an en0 adapter, is by creating a real interface. A virtual interface would be a terminal horror, not to mention explaining it.

Step 1
Start MultiBeast Lion edition and select for the install "Drivers & Bootloaders > Kext & Enablers > Network > Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx" network driver.

screenshot20120715at121.png

A network should be detected on reboot. To verify that an en0 adapter was created, type in the terminal again
Code:
ifconfig en0

If en0 exists, start PT10 and see what happens (you do not need internet, only the en0 interface). If ifconfig still says en0 does not exist, go to step 2B. If PT10 still starts slow, go to step 2A

Step 2A
If PT10 still starts slow, go to "System Preferences > Network" and select on the left side the "Ethernet" interface. Select by "Configure IPv4" the option Manually. Set IP Adress to 192.168.0.2, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Router: 127.0.0.1 and DNS Server: 127.0.0.1. Choose Apply and start PT10 again ;)

Step 2B
If ifconfig still says that there is no en0 interface, then just type
Code:
ifconfig
to see all network interfaces and copy paste the output here.

Hey there,

I had just the iLok issue from PT9 that the key wouldn't be recognized. For some reason, moving on to ML had fixed the issue for me on a Gigabyte EP45t-ds3r.

The strange thing is last time I had an issue in SL I added an extra PCI based NIC card I had sitting around as a work around.
I have PT10 up and working now but the time it takes PT to launch is excruciatingly long, as described by other users here. I assume it's iLok related as the key tries to ping the website on launch. How do you solve the problem of the long load when the interface is set correctly?

Hey forch,

I'm having the same problem and followed the steps. Still get the message "interface en0 does not exist".
Here's the output:

lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384

options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>

inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1

inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128

gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280

stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280

fw0: flags=8822<BROADCAST,SMART,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 4078

lladdr 00:00:00:00:00:50:00:a8

media: autoselect <full-duplex>

fw1: flags=8822<BROADCAST,SMART,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2030

lladdr 00:49:e5:50:04:31:4b:00

media: autoselect <full-duplex>

Can you help out? Thanks in advance!

Hmm, k ..
The easiest way to get an en0 adapter, is by creating a real interface. A virtual interface would be a terminal horror, not to mention explaining it.

Step 1
Start MultiBeast Lion edition and select for the install "Drivers & Bootloaders > Kext & Enablers > Network > Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx" network driver.

screenshot20120715at121.png

A network should be detected on reboot. To verify that an en0 adapter was created, type in the terminal again
Code:
ifconfig en0

If en0 exists, start PT10 and see what happens (you do not need internet, only the en0 interface). If ifconfig still says en0 does not exist, go to step 2B. If PT10 still starts slow, go to step 2A

Step 2A
If PT10 still starts slow, go to "System Preferences > Network" and select on the left side the "Ethernet" interface. Select by "Configure IPv4" the option Manually. Set IP Adress to 192.168.0.2, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Router: 127.0.0.1 and DNS Server: 127.0.0.1. Choose Apply and start PT10 again ;)

Step 2B
If ifconfig still says that there is no en0 interface, then just type
Code:
ifconfig
to see all network interfaces and copy paste the output here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back