Graphics
Sapphire Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody. I have had my probook 4530s for about 2 weeks now running find exept for the wifi because I'm waiting for my atheros card to come in. But I had the realtek Ethernet working and then I would just bridge an internet signal coming out of my hackintosh Mac Pro to my laptop running ML. Everything was patched, audio, ethernet, dsdt..etc.
But about an hour ago, me and my girlfriend were doing homework (bridging out of her laptop windows computer) and then after I noticed spotify (which I just installed) had froze and would not play audio as if usually when OSX cannot detect a sound driver (where it won't allow anything to play), so I quit it and clicked on the applications folder to re-open it, and then the laptop froze halfway as the animation for the applications folder to open in grid view. Then after it froze the ethernet did not work...

*ALSO i realized the graphic glitch lines on this boot*

then I rebooted and have had no luck to get it working with probook installer 5.1b1 or 5b2 (10.8)

I've tried rebooting and re-installing the RealtekRTL81xx.kext(s) like 4 times now with different ones and nothing shows up when I go into System Prefs and add new connection, Ethernet is still not there, also in verbose mode how it used to show Ethernet mac address as the last thing loading is not longer there (obviously)

how was this possible I checked my bios setting.

the only thing I have ever touched in BIOS was Intel Virtualization to try to get Parallels working, which is another story (after parallels loads Win7 or XP it immediately reboots.

anybody knows how to fix this? this is annoying and I need to fix this, has this happened to anybody else? :(

Hi everybody. I have had my probook 4530s for about 2 weeks now running find exept for the wifi because I'm waiting for my atheros card to come in. But I had the realtek Ethernet working and then I would just bridge an internet signal coming out of my hackintosh Mac Pro to my laptop running ML. Everything was patched, audio, ethernet, dsdt..etc.
But about an hour ago, me and my girlfriend were doing homework (bridging out of her laptop windows computer) and then after I noticed spotify (which I just installed) had froze and would not play audio as if usually when OSX cannot detect a sound driver (where it won't allow anything to play), so I quit it and clicked on the applications folder to re-open it, and then the laptop froze halfway as the animation for the applications folder to open in grid view. Then after it froze the ethernet did not work...

*ALSO i realized the graphic glitch lines on this boot*

then I rebooted and have had no luck to get it working with probook installer 5.1b1 or 5b2 (10.8)

I've tried rebooting and re-installing the RealtekRTL81xx.kext(s) like 4 times now with different ones and nothing shows up when I go into System Prefs and add new connection, Ethernet is still not there, also in verbose mode how it used to show Ethernet mac address as the last thing loading is not longer there (obviously)

how was this possible I checked my bios setting.

the only thing I have ever touched in BIOS was Intel Virtualization to try to get Parallels working, which is another story (after parallels loads Win7 or XP it immediately reboots.

anybody knows how to fix this? this is annoying and I need to fix this, has this happened to anybody else? :(

A few things you could try:
- try a fresh install to a different partition to compare with (rule out OS corruption)
- make sure it still works under Windows or Linux (rule out hardware failure)

Hi,
this happened to me too about a year ago, when I was toying with Parallels and their network settings.

A solution which worked for me - do a hardware reset:
1. Turn off the computer
2. Unplug it from the charger
3. Take out the battery
4. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds

Then put the battery back, plug it in if you will, and turn it on.

After that my ethernet started working again and I didn't have any problem with it since.

Hi,
this happened to me too about a year ago, when I was toying with Parallels and their network settings.

A solution which worked for me - do a hardware reset:
1. Turn off the computer
2. Unplug it from the charger
3. Take out the battery
4. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds

Then put the battery back, plug it in if you will, and turn it on.

After that my ethernet started working again and I didn't have any problem with it since.

dude thanks so much , it definitely worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back