Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Swift 3 SF314-51
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hi, I current running OSX ML 10.8.2 on pro-book 4530s with i3-2310m, HD3000 (no other graphic card), bios F.40, normal (low resolution screen); At step 7 when I use the installer I get an Apple logo with the wheel spin and then a black screen. I used all the flags recommended with a lot of combinations. I know it take time, but sometimes I let the computer running all night but with out any luck

List of flags used and the respective combination: GraphicsEnable=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0 or 1, npci=0x3000, IGPEnabler=Yes or No, IGPlatformID=01660003, -x and or -v. sometime used all of them with different combination. I also download Maverick and re-make the USB Installer 3 times with no luck.
Has any one have the same problem ?, what flag do you use ?.
Thanks in advance for any clues.

Hi, I current running OSX ML 10.8.2 on pro-book 4530s with i3-2310m, HD3000 (no other graphic card), bios F.40, normal (low resolution screen); At step 7 when I use the installer I get an Apple logo with the wheel spin and then a black screen. I used all the flags recommended with a lot of combinations. I know it take time, but sometimes I let the computer running all night but with out any luck

List of flags used and the respective combination: GraphicsEnable=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0 or 1, npci=0x3000, IGPEnabler=Yes or No, IGPlatformID=01660003, -x and or -v. sometime used all of them with different combination. I also download Maverick and re-make the USB Installer 3 times with no luck.
Has any one have the same problem ?, what flag do you use ?.
Thanks in advance for any clues.

You have a 4530s. You should be using no boot flags.

Thanks for the quick replay, the first time I tried out with no flags at all, then use -x, -v all of them give me a black screen.

Thanks for the quick replay, the first time I tried out with no flags at all, then use -x, -v all of them give me a black screen.

If you insert your USB stick, what is the output of this:
Code:
# in Terminal
ls -l /Volumes/Installer/Extra

susonos-Mac-Pro-2:~ susono$ ls -l /Volumes/Install/Extra
total 16
drwxr-xr-x@ 14 susono staff 476 Oct 28 11:33 Extensions
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 susono staff 102 Aug 12 10:49 Themes
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 susono staff 102 Sep 27 07:53 modules
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 susono staff 513 Oct 28 11:33 org.chameleon.Boot.plist
-rw-r--r--@ 1 susono staff 483 Oct 28 2011 smbios.plist
susonos-Mac-Pro-2:~ susono$

susonos-Mac-Pro-2:~ susono$ ls -l /Volumes/Install/Extra
total 16
drwxr-xr-x@ 14 susono staff 476 Oct 28 11:33 Extensions
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 susono staff 102 Aug 12 10:49 Themes
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 susono staff 102 Sep 27 07:53 modules
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 susono staff 513 Oct 28 11:33 org.chameleon.Boot.plist
-rw-r--r--@ 1 susono staff 483 Oct 28 2011 smbios.plist

What about:
Code:
cat /Volumes/Installer/Extra/smbios.plist

susonos-Mac-Pro-2:~ susono$ cat /Volumes/Install/Extra/smbios.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>UniBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02F93FQDH2G</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I don't know if you are having the same problem as I have had, but when the screen goes black when I update it seems to switch to the HDMI port. Try plugging in to a HD TV with a HDMI cable. Once you see video, unplug the HDMI cable and your laptop video may come to life and you can finish installing. This has happened to me nearly every Mac OS X update I have done. I am surprised more people have not written in the pro book forum about this. Let us know how it goes.

Update: Just finished maverick update install and I had to use HDMI cable at least twice. When screen goes black for me it is trying to use the HDMI out video port. I don't know why but I expect the same thing every update.

Thanks Usal, that works !. Now is installing.
As you said I connect to hdtv via HDMI cable. This is something weird.
Thanks very much.

RehabMan please add this to the guide. I have had this issue almost every update. Also, you rock!

Usal

This has nothing to do with the old screen brightness issue.

Thanks Usal, that works !. Now is installing.
As you said I connect to hdtv via HDMI cable. This is something weird.
Thanks very much.

Very happy it worked for you susono!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back