RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For life of me I cannot get it to work on hack it worked flawlessly on 12.x but on 13.x it just says it can't work due to a setting or extension. Nothing has changed since 12.x. In fact, I have a macbook pro M1 Max that has working private relay on same network and here is the kicker. it has all the same software with next to no deviation, I literally backed up hack and used it to setup the macbook pro so it has all same programs and setting and extensions. So all I can assume is whatever is causing private relay not to work on hack, is hack related. maybe apple is doing some kind of verification now (similar to imessage) only even more strict (because facetime and imessage work on the hack). Or maybe injected kexts by opencore are being detected?

More about hack, System integrity protection is on and working. literally everything works, except private relay. USB ports mapped and have been mapped for a LONG time. So for life of me I can't figure out why private relay doesn't work. I was curious if anyone else can confirm it's working for them just so I know it's a me thing and not an everybody on a hack one. If it's a me thing then I guess I can try a clean reinstall next (but I'm suspecting if I don't identify actual cause i won't fix the problem this way either). It's a shame apples error is about as useless as a warning can come. Even googling error is inconclusive with most saying 3rd party vpn can break it (one isn't in use, plus again, literally same configuration of a working real mac).

Yep. Me too. Works ok in iOS, but not Ventura. Have tried clean install, disabling IP tracking (wifi settings) and protect mail tracking etc. No luck

Private Relay does not work on our hacks in Ventura due to the custom, third-party kexts (extensions) that we employ to make these hacks work.

I thought this, but i wasn't sure that was detected due to way it's injected by OC, I wonder if they can fix it somehow and add it to featureunlock cause it worked prior to 13.0 so apple def did something to detect and block it specific to ventura.

Yep. Me too. Works ok in iOS, but not Ventura. Have tried clean install, disabling IP tracking (wifi settings) and protect mail tracking etc. No luck
It's simply a VPN service. You can use one from any VPN provider instead of Apple.

It's deep integration with mail is where I miss it most. now mail content just loads broken images/etc unless I disable it's privacy protections. when private relay working it remote loads it through the relay without having to disable the securities. A gloval VPN has it's share of own issues, for one it's an extra cost, without the tight integration and finite control over behavior in mail and safari.

Private Relay does not work on our hacks in Ventura due to the custom, third-party kexts (extensions) that we employ to make these hacks work.
This is actually not true. CaseyJS has confirmed here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.316533/post-2365895) that private relay is working for him. My EFI is almost identical to his except one SSDT and a device patch for my GPU.
Yet, I have the same issue as the OP. Problem is ventura provides no information on what it is that is preventing private relay from working. It worked on Monterey for me, but as soon as I upgraded it stopped working. My feeling is this is not actually "hack" related but is something else installed on the system.

This is actually not true. CaseyJS has confirmed here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.316533/post-2365895) that private relay is working for him. My EFI is almost identical to his except one SSDT and a device patch for my GPU.
Yet, I have the same issue as the OP. Problem is ventura provides no information on what it is that is preventing private relay from working. It worked on Monterey for me, but as soon as I upgraded it stopped working. My feeling is this is not actually "hack" related but is something else installed on the system.
I was confident it had to be one of hack kexts actually, just maybe a specific patch or injection. Reason being, in my case it was literally two identical macs in installed software. As in the hack is literally what was used to even setup the macbook pro when I got it. so the MBP was identical minus what was injected by opencore from efi.
I've since given up though and made the hack just a windows 11 PC because the last straw was the gimped AMD drivers capping my new dual 4k displays to 60hz displays because the driver gaps display port at 1.2 speeds even if using 1.4. so 160hz displays with VRR only seen as low bandwidth 60hz ones.

Back