1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Performa
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

So I'm upgrading from 10.11 to High Sierra, and I've run into a problem. I made it to the installer screen with only minimal issues (I needed to use the MATS table-dropping fix), but once my system rebooted after the install screen completed, I now can't start up. When I select the "Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot" option, I end up with the printf error. However, when I try to boot into "Boot macOS from [my primary drive]", I get a kernel panic ("Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic"). Booting into the recovery partition works, and the recovery screens I see look like High Sierra's visual style (and when I try to choose a startup disk, my primary disk is listed as having 10.13 installed).

I've tried the OsxAptiov2 fixes listed here (and tried to calculate a slide value for the "slide=0" command, but couldn't get a valid slide value since I'm not getting an "error allocating x pages" error). Searching the forums hasn't helped either. Anyone have any ideas? I'm currently running Clover 4392

Attachments

• kernel panic.JPG
    kernel panic.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 171
  • printf error.JPG
    printf error.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 159
I've now tried installing and reinstalling High Sierra a number of times. Most recently, I tried using tonymacx86's custom Clover build to install OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, but I'm still getting the same error. Attempting to boot into the Recovery partition gets me the "kextd stall AppleACPICPU" error. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back