Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I have a gigabyte GA x58a ud5 rev 2 with a radeon 4890. My machine was fine after 10.6.7 but for some unknown reason would not boot after I dlmessed with a kext. So I tried to use a time machine back up to no avail. So I decied to start from scratch and did a new install on multibeast I used the following options:
User dsdt
injector for Ati card
Kext for 48xx for 10.6.7
Lynx2mac Ethernet
64 bit graphics enabler plist
I start The system and bootloader loads, seems to hand off to osx, then Oscar loads and then the screen goes blank and the monitor times out although the machine is still running. What am I doing wrong my machine has been down for a week now I'm at my wits end.

Here is what I'm getting on verbose

Attachments

• IMG_20110519_223618.jpg
    IMG_20110519_223618.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
The same thing happened to me when I installed a dsdt uploaded by another user, and followed his instructions. I had to do a fresh install and start from scratch, all over again..

What worked for me, is reading very carefully all the instruction manuals for iboot+multibeast, and specially multibeast. Once I understood the process, and what each option does, and which two options conflict with each other; I was able to install OS X without having to guess which options to select.

I am also much more careful about whose advice to follow. Tonymac's, Macman's and other Mods' advice is definitely the way to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back