CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
After much headache with the built-in LAN on my Z68X-UD3H-B3, I purchased the Presto Gigabit Pro. Pretty much all the problem went away, and it's very stable. But, I still have one huge problem that's not going away.

Whenever I transfer a file via LAN or have a full load on the network (downloading multiple files), my cursor slows to a crawl, and I pretty much can't do much during the transfer. The ethernet is using the default Yukon2.kext in IONetworkingfamily.

Can anyone else confirm this issue? Or is there a remedy for this?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

We have the same hardware and I don't have those issues you're encountering... what's in your plist?

I would suspect it's more of a video problem (your cursor lagging). What's in your plist?

Thanks for getting back. Here's my plist.

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I realized this issue might have to do with my wireless router. Even Apple Mac Pro users are complaining about lags during big file transfers on LAN/WLAN. The problem seems to go away when they set the wifi at 5GHz. That's not an option for me as my router only has 2.4GHz and my two iphones at home also rely on that frequency.

Can you help me to confirm this? It becomes very apparent when you tried to copy a file between two computers via a network setup with 2.4Ghz Wifi channel.

I really want to get to the bottom of this. My Hack is in near perfection. :)

I've removed my wi-fi card since the Presto is working very well for me. I just used the wi-fi card temporarily as workaround for my Parallels when I was on Realtek.

My wifi is also 2.4xxGhz and from what I recall, I didn't have that problem you describe.

WAIT... what kind of mouse are you using? I'm using a Microsoft USB wireless mouse.

I am using Logitech USB wireless mouse.
I will see if I can get a hold of another brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back