Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there,

the thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html refers to pressing F4 when booting Clover.

What does F4 do? where can I find some documentation to explain it's meaning/purpose etc.?
F4 at the Clover bootloader screen dumps native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. In the guide you mention, these files are used by the ProBook Installer in later stages for automatic DSDT/SSDT patching.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 470 G0
CPU
i5-3230M
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
F4 at the Clover bootloader screen dumps native ACPI files to EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. In the guide you mention, these files are used by the ProBook Installer in later stages for automatic DSDT/SSDT patching.
Thank you!!

Motherboard
HP 4540s
CPU
i5 2450
Graphics
HD 3000
You're right. They are native ACPI files. I exported my DSDT using linux "sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml" and it matches /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml. The two files are exactly the same.

I used to export the native DSDT in Mavericks using:
$ sudo perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'
but it doesn't work in Yosemite. I think that Probook Installer uses the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml as the starting point then apply patches with patchmatic.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I used to export the native DSDT in Mavericks using:

but it doesn't work in Yosemite. I think that Probook Installer uses the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml as the starting point then apply patches with patchmatic.
Yosemite does not include the ACPI data in ioreg. Now it requires a program to access it. For example, 'patchmatic -extract', see: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic