Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello to everyone

I’ve got an i7 - 8700, and two XFX RX580 4gb ( Rx-580P4DFD6) and an apple native Broadcom WI-fI card with PCI-e adapter.

I picked up two motherboard models that seem to fit my need: Asus Prime H370M-plus or Gigabyte H370M D3H
Planning to use a couple of Sabrent Rocket NVME 1TB
I thought about getting 2x Crucial CT2K16DFD48266

Usage: I use a lot of virtualisation with parallels for: Autodesk inventor, touch designer, python programming and I move around lots of 3D files, lossless audio clips and motion graphics clips.

1) Which one of the two motherboards do you think is going to Provide more stability and full function support on Catalina ?
2) Are there any benefits in using two GPUs instead of a single one ? Could it be possible that I will experience errors ?
3) Are Sabrent drives and raid fully supported ?
4) Is there a USB-C expansion card that could work with the system ?

Hello to everyone

I’ve got an i7 - 8700, and two XFX RX580 4gb ( Rx-580P4DFD6) and an apple native Broadcom WI-fI card with PCI-e adapter.

I picked up two motherboard models that seem to fit my need: Asus Prime H370M-plus or Gigabyte H370M D3H
Planning to use a couple of Sabrent Rocket NVME 1TB
I thought about getting 2x Crucial CT2K16DFD48266

Usage: I use a lot of virtualization with parallels for: Autodesk inventor, touch designer, python programming and I move around lots of 3D files, lossless audio clips and motion graphics clips.

1) Which one of the two motherboards do you think is going to Provide more stability and full function support on Catalina ?
2) Are there any benefits in using two GPUs instead of a single one ? Could it be possible that I will experience errors ?
3) Are Sabrent drives and raid fully supported ?
4) Is there a USB-C expansion card that could work with the system ?

(2) Unless you have applications that can take advantage of dual GPUs, it may not be worthwhile to use 2 GPUs.

1) any
2) more trouble than good, if you ar enot experienced with hackintosh you will be pissed
3) not at all
4) yes

Then I should stick with a pair of Samsung 970 Pro

Regarding the graphics card, great, I've also read the GPU buying guide on TonyMac and I understood I should avoid a XFX vega 64 but I haven't understood which brand works best

- If I were to take a single Vega 64, which brand should I buy ?

I'm also evaluating Z390 motherboards which carry native support for both USB C 3.1 Gen 2 and I9

I've pictured:
- Gigabyte Z390M Rev1
or
- Asus Prime Z390M - Plus

I've read some people had troubles with both motherboards and that the Asus Z390M-Pro gaming is on top of the recommended list. Do you think Future Clover releases are going to better support the above motherboards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back