Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

first let me thank you for this great community! This build will be my second hackintosh, first one I currently own is i7 4770k, I do now have a good luck with my chip so it runs around 3.8ghz. I'm looking for an upgrade PC so I can better edit 4k 50fps footage in Adobe Premiere CC. I have choose ASROCK Z270 EXTREME4 motherboard over ASUS and GIGABYTE, because it looks there are almost no problems with post installation, sleep/wake issues, USB issues etc.
For the CPU, there is a store here in Czech that sells precise tested DELID version of 7700k that runs at 5ghz with no problems so I would want to try that. I assume that are no problems with 1070 cards since Pascal drivers release.

Config:

ASROCK Z270 EXTREME4
i7700k DELID runs at 5ghz
Kingston SSDNow UV400 480GB
Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LED - white LED
Corsair CX750M
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H115i
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING BLACK EDITION ACX 3.0

Please let me know if the parts are compatible or if I did any mistake. Thanks a lot friends! Jakub

I first tried delidding on my i7-6700K and now am running a delidded i7-7700K. In my experience, delidding really allows the CPU to run at what they are designed to be capable of. I think you will be very happy with a delidded CPU.

I have been using a GTX 1080 and have not had any problems at all. I don't think you will have any problems on a GTX 1070 either.

Thanks, yep I can not wait to test it out. I can always return CPU and get regular one if it will not meet my expectations. Do you know compatibility for the RAM? Why many people going for 2400mhz speed instead of higher speed? Do I need to watch something? The only issue is compatibility with motherboard itself correct?

Yes, correct. Make sure the RAM is compatible with the motherboard and you will be fine.

As for speed, I don't know how much real world difference fast RAM makes, but the differences can be clearly seen in benchmarks.

I only have one concern now. For the water cooling I want to use Kraken X61, and the controlling software CAM, runs only under Windows.
I have no idea how it will behave under load. Will it speed the fans with increasing load? For example while exporting in Premiere PRO? Right now I have a NOCTUA DH14 and it is control automatically by motherboard / and I can manually adjust that in HW monitor. I don't know if that will be possible with Kraken....do you have an idea?

I don't have any experience with water coolers. I am just using a Noctua NH-D15S and I am running at 5.1GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back