Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision T3500 Workstation - Mobo: XPDFK
CPU
Xeon W3530 2.80ghz Quad Core
Graphics
Nvidia Quadro 2000
Hi guys,

Trying to figure out what could possibly be the issue. It seems that once I press sleep on Mac osx, the system sleeps for a few seconds and wakes up fine. The moment i allow it to sleep for more than 10-15+ the system does not come up, it stays asleep (with fans still running regular) and the system reboots itself randomly about 30 seconds to a minute later.

When I checked terminal to see the issue with sudo pmset -g log | grep -i failure and these are the errors multiple times
Sleep Failure [code:USB3(UBS3),PCI5(my_name_adlah_BCM5722D)]:

PCI ports, usb and drivers that I am using:
• Firewire
• External usb wireless lan g/b/n
• voodoo 2.8.8 (from multibeast sierra)

I deleted the ethernet in mac and disabled in bios, the issue still occurs and shows the following error

Sleep Failure [code:USB3(UBS3),PCI5()]:

It seems like an issue with USB3 as a whole. I am sure this may be an easy fix. I did use multibeast and enabled both 3rd party usb 3.0 support and the Increase Max Port Limit, but I didnt enable the 7/8/9 series USB ssupport option since my motherboard is an older version that does not use uefi.

Please advise, thanks guys.

EDIT: Ok. So it seems that sleep works ok with darkwave=0 and WIFI usb dongle removed. Issue with that is that it takes A LONG TIME for the system to come back up after sleep. The system fully shuts down to sleep and all fans stop. When I start it up, it takes over a minute for the system to display on screen. When I tried doing it again with the WIFI usb dongle, the system will not boot back up after sleep.

Last edited:
@jxs714, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back