Contribute
Register

Precision M6400 Sound+BT+Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
@andriusic. VoodoodHDA does work for me. However I get distorted sound. I tried everything I could think off with Voodoo, so now was trying my luck with ALC and LiLu. Once again, sound works with distorted. I know sound device fine because works fine in Windows. I have tried playing with MIDI frequencies as well.

Since my clock is also losing time I'm wondering if I have Power issues as well. I'm trying patching config.plist with CPU/Bus frequencies but even that has not worked.

Would you mind sharing your Clover folder? Would really help to compare with my DSDT, config.plist, kexts.

PS - Wanted to clarify my laptop is M6400 and you said you have M4600, entirely different laptops.

Last edited:
@andriusic. VoodoodHDA does work for me. However I get distorted sound. I tried everything I could think off with Voodoo, so now was trying my luck with ALC and LiLu. Once again, sound works with distorted. I know sound device fine because works fine in Windows. I have tried playing with MIDI frequencies as well.

Since my clock is also losing time I'm wondering if I have Power issues as well. I'm trying patching config.plist with CPU/Bus frequencies but even that has not worked.

Would you mind sharing your Clover folder? Would really help to compare with my DSDT, config.plist, kexts.

PS - Wanted to clarify my laptop is M6400 and you said you have M4600, entirely different laptops.

I don't think you can do much with my Clover folder, because our systems are very different. But there you go. If your build had everything working before updating I think the best you can do is roll back until High Sierra gets better support.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 64
Here was my issue but not sure why I didn't have it with 10.12. With verbose boot I spotted some errors where it said "CPU" but scrolled too fast for me to read what it was. That led me too VoodooTSCSSync which suggested losing clock and distorted sound can be fixed. While that kext did not work, patching config.plist with correct CPU and Bus Frequency did. While CPU frequency was obvious, bus frequency was all over the place depending on which software I used. Intel documentation itself quoted a FSB frequency value which was not what was required. Finally OpenHardwareMonitor provided me the correct bus frequency.

Now my clock does not slow down, and while my sound cracks when I change volume, there is no distortion. I can certainly leave that for now. Maybe I need to tweak the numbers exactly e.g. 2666Mhz instead of 2660 which is how I translated 2.66GHz for CPU frequency.

So my last problem is BT. First I've discovered Windows and the internet tell me the PID is 8156(33110). MacOS is saying the PID is 8158(33112). Second, I put a USB BT adapter and it tried to connect to "Dell Bluetooth 370 adapter" in my laptop ?!?!?!?!?! I also see it in IOReg, but not in System Information. So it's kinda recognized but I need the correct driver. DellBluetoothHCI that simulates hid2hci load on startup and I used this kext and it does load, but I don't get BT. This is the kext I didn't know I already had in 10.12 where it did work.

So there are two things I'm experimenting with right now
a) See if I can fix DellBluetoothHCI by myself for 10.13. I have the source code.
b) Patch Broadcom USB Controller Transport plugin inside IOBluetoothFamily. This is what I normally do with every other BT to get it working - simply copy/paste/modify a section to plugin my VID/PID, or simply replace existing VID/PID in some section. However thus far this has not worked for me which is very frustrating. I have Dell 380 work by simply doing copy/paste/modify on a Latitude few weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back