Contribute
Register

Precision M4800 graphics glitches on internal display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any luck? I got my build up but still the same issue with graphics.

Where did you place the dsdt injection for the edid, because the injection from rehabman's patches adds it to GFX0 and I believe it needs to be added to _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.

Also I don't know what "connector_type" to use for the eDP connector.
Also I don't know what the NVCAP value should be. I get a different result from the rom file vs what is loaded when using the web_drivers.

This looks like possible another rabbit hole.

I believe that I applied a patch to rename pegp to gfx0 so I think I applied it correctly. Connector_type I have no knowledge of, however. If it has something to do with informing macOS of the display connector, then I don't think it to be necessary to use as the fact that it used edp (just displayport at its core) means that it matches to some retina macs that use edp inside. NVCAP I do know not to be necessary, this is generated by clover automatically and shouldn't be touched. If anyone can correct my limited knowledge of these items, that would be appreciated.

Maybe I did do something wrong. But nobody seems to know how to do it right for nvidia laptops without that optimus thingy. Thanks for your help, newhacker

It appears I had uploaded a dsdt lacking any edid overrides. Here is one that does.
Any news about eDP on M4800 ? i have a same system with display 3200x1800, and dont get image on internal monitor. Only on external ports, the system starts only with nvidia_disable=1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back