Sapphire Radeon HD 5570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IMG_1729.JPG IMG_1728.PNG Hello everyone. I know this is a topic that already has been discussed, but I think I might have achieved something. This is a Dell Precision M4800, with no intel gpu and 4k/UHD Display. As always, when I start os x (I have 10.11.4 now), the internal screen stays dark with the backlight off. And as always, connecting an external display will work and with 100% acceleration. But I managed to start the internal lcd with graphics glitches without nv_disable by selecting in the "Graphics Injector" menu in clover the following: "Inject EDID" and "InjectNvidia" However it results in screen corruption, that changes as you interact with the ui. (The corruption changes) When I VNC into it, I see that its recognized as "Built in Display" and with 1280x1024 resolution. It is accelerated, as I can tell from VNC that the dock is translucent, and that I can use VLC (it requires Quartz Extreme). Without those clover options I don't see anything at all on the built in lcd. I have various screenshots to help and a copy of ioreg. I hope that someday the Precision M4800 will work fully. SMBIOS is MacbookPro11,2

Thanks for your help, newhacker1746

wow this is good news, I will need to refresh my image and try this out.

So you injected EDID but did you provide an EDID in your config.plist for clover?

It will take me some time to gather everything and get 10.12 installed. I have the same laptop, but mostly use win/lin development.

No I didn't actually. However even with inject edid on, it still didnt give any edid when running the command "ioreg -l | grep IODisplayEDID" however I read that you can actually supply an edid to clover, which I will attach in a minute when I have time. Hopefully I can get it to work. I am going to try that when I have time, hopefully later this afternoon.

Ok, heres the edid (display says its name is SHP1430) 3840x2160@60 max.
Here I'll also attach the config.plist i'm using. However it doesn't seem to work, as no edid is returned (and we still have that same display corruption) and stuck at 1280x1024 (with 1024x768 available) I can't seem to get it inject the edid as ioreg returns nothing. Please someone help me make a config.plist that will properly inject the EDID. Thanks
Screenshot of ioreg attached. ioreg is attached in the 2nd post. If Rehabman or someone like that could help us out, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• EDID.txt
    449 bytes · Views: 108
  • config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 7.09.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 7.09.06 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 129
It is possible to use full 3840x2160 on internal by disabling in the bios "Enable Legacy option roms" then set config.plist gui resolution to 3840x2160, plus adding nv_disable=1 and the result is this: Screen Shot 2016-11-20 at 8.36.15 PM.png

with 1080p software scaling. However no qe/ci yet. The problem is that the edid i'm injecting isn't getting passed through to os x, it never gets there. Now if only there was another way to force edid..... but darn does dell make it hard. Or rather, apple :)
Yes, this is with nvda web drivers, with regular i'm sure it'd be the same. VLC does not work like this and quicktime videos are software decoded, on an i7 4810mq this is not a problem but there is severe tearing. Please some mod help us here! We'd appreciate it.

-newhacker

Good work this all looks promising. I need to start over the drive that has my osx image on it needs to be re-made.
I don't know why it is now working I tried all options before trying to get the internal display working, but nothing would work for me. What version of clover are you using?

Oh I'm using clover v2.3k r3923 exactly. I also would kindly request help on my dsdt. I have found rehabman's generic edid patch which I have edited for my edid and will attach below. I get 2 PARSEOP NAMESEG and one PARSEOP DEVICE. I will attach the ssdt's and dsdt dsl files, of which I have only modified the dsdt with rename H0D3 to HDAU or something like that, my version of the edid patch, and a parseop zero patch that got rid of one error. (All from rehabman's laptop patch repo) Thanks for your help again, and hopefully we can get one step closer to full functionality on this laptop.

-newhacker

Attachments

• dsl.zip
    66.8 KB · Views: 82
  • edidpatch.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 155
Oh I'm using clover v2.3k r3923 exactly. I also would kindly request help on my dsdt. I have found rehabman's generic edid patch which I have edited for my edid and will attach below. I get 2 PARSEOP NAMESEG and one PARSEOP DEVICE. I will attach the ssdt's and dsdt dsl files, of which I have only modified the dsdt with rename H0D3 to HDAU or something like that, my version of the edid patch, and a parseop zero patch that got rid of one error. (All from rehabman's laptop patch repo) Thanks for your help again, and hopefully we can get one step closer to full functionality on this laptop.

-newhacker

You will find significant benefit from using a newer iasl.

See guide, and build from source: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back