RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PowerMac G5 hack parts list

Hello everyone! I'm getting very close to being able to purchase all the parts for my first Hackintosh -- a little less than two months now! Before I do that, I just wanted to know if you guys can see any flaws with my parts list:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz
GPU: nVidia GTX 970 (Mostly concerned with compatibility with the mobo and CPU, not concerned about OS compatibility at this time)
PSU: Corsair RM 750w modular PSU
RAM: 2x4GB whatever RAM I can find (Corsair?)
SSD: 1 Sandisk that I already have, 1 Samsung that I plan to buy
HDD: 1 Western Digital that I already own
Fans: Noctua Redux fans

Any suggestions? This all should work together per the Buying Guide (minus the GPU for now), aye?

Thanks! stiligFox

The Z97 Mainboard, 4790k and gtx 970 are all latest version of their kind and therefore should (do) work flawlessly together (at least under supported OS). As you can see in this forum, there are quite a lot builds using this processor and at least quite similar motherboards - and if time to get the 970 working is no problem for you - you'll be quite happy with that.

Consider that it is suggested to use one hard drive per OS, which is probably why you want to buy a second SSD for.

The 750W PSU should be easily enough, as the parts you've used yet are just about 400W including a little overclocking of the CPU.

If you're sure only to take 8GB of Ram that should be a nice setup to go for.

With kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back