Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

after reading some very nice mods here, I decided to Mod my G5 Mac into ATX factor. First of all, I bought a complete PowerMac G5, because I want to transfer as much components of the old system as possible. The Mod should be as much near to the old PowerMac G5/MacPro as it could be. This is something, what I saw in all the other Mods, most of them tried to place all the ATX components in that case. I don't want to see much cable, I want to use the original Airflowsystem, the original Powersupply and some other things.
My Components are:
ASUS Rampage II Gene
Intel i7 950 3,06GHz
Corsair XMS3 12GB Tri-Channel
eVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti SC
SATA II HDD
SATA II DVD-RW

In the next step, I disassembled the G5, to see which components I can use and which components I can throw away. I changed all the old Apple Fans into new Arctic Cooling, which are very very silent.
But the most difficult subject is the modification of the powersupply to ATX-Standart. So I studied the circuits of the ATX Powersupplies and the G5 Powersupplies and they are 99% similar. I just have to change the pins of the connections and add a connector for the CPU extravoltage.

Later I will post some pictures of my progress. Hope you will enjoy them.

The ads that keep popping up over your album are very annoying and I ran out of patience to look.

Could you upload a couple here or

The ads that keep popping up over your album are very annoying and I ran out of patience to look.

Could you upload a couple here or some ?[/QUOTE]

+1

I always enjoy looking at G5 mods. Maybe because it gives me inspiration to finish mine, maybe because I just like to see what people come up with. Always something new to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back