Contribute
Register

Powermac G5 conversions 'Hal'

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Rain stops play'

I managed to get the installer up and running perfectly at long last. Install was taking place when I noticed a little leak. The Corsair H110 decided to leak from the pump head on to the bottom of the case. Luckily the leak only just touched the red anodised cover and didn't touch any components. I immediately switched the machine off and mopped up the mess. I left it for a few days hoping that it would settle down, but unfortunately a small dot of liquid had come out again.

So now ive just pulled out the H110 and have placed an order for a H110i GT. No better time if something breaks than to fit upgrades. The benefit will be that I can colour code the logo with the red LEDs in the board.

So while I wait i've started work once again on my G5 server build. Update to follow ...

image.jpg

'Rain stops play'

I managed to get the installer up and running perfectly at long last. Install was taking place when I noticed a little leak. The Corsair H110 decided to leak from the pump head on to the bottom of the case. Luckily the leak only just touched the red anodised cover and didn't touch any components. I immediately switched the machine off and mopped up the mess. I left it for a few days hoping that it would settle down, but unfortunately a small dot of liquid had come out again.

So now ive just pulled out the H110 and have placed an order for a H110i GT. No better time if something breaks than to fit upgrades. The benefit will be that I can colour code the logo with the red LEDs in the board.

So while I wait i've started work once again on my G5 server build. Update to follow ...

View attachment 124846

no updates for a while as Corsair has had issues with ethe H110i GT. They have basically recalled all of the stock because of manufacturing issues :-/ the new updated replacement won't surface until late June!!! So in the meantime I've gone back to a stock cooler. This means updates on my NAS will be incoming shortly :)

She lives! After a long break playing around with other machines, I finally have this one up and running perfectly (almost). Thanks to the latest version of clover and El Capitan.

My only issue is that the Blu Ray drive I purchased is snagging at the top and won't come out of the slot. I'll take a look at this at the weekend. The drive I've used is an LG BH16NS40. Does anyone have any bright ideas? As its only just catching at the top - I've used the apple screws and retaining clips/slots.

Thanks

She lives! After a long break playing around with other machines, I finally have this one up and running perfectly (almost). Thanks to the latest version of clover and El Capitan.

My only issue is that the Blu Ray drive I purchased is snagging at the top and won't come out of the slot. I'll take a look at this at the weekend. The drive I've used is an LG BH16NS40. Does anyone have any bright ideas? As its only just catching at the top - I've used the apple screws and retaining clips/slots.

Thanks

Had that problem as well and using some rings to tilt the drive solved it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back