Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, how's things?

I am willing to build a powerful mac to work with video editing only. I know my specs might be compatible, but i was willing in talking a little further into this topic perhaps.

I would be happy to put together a second x58 rig no problem. I have been very happy with every x58 i have had, just awesome so far, but all windows 7 builds, some dual booted with Ubuntu always working with x64 systems. =]

I think i would be happy to give it a go, but would it be ideal? Would it benefit me most? How's the scene with the sandy bridge processors with mac os? are they stable?

I would most be working with video editing in Mac OS, so i would need this workhorse to have a good Fermi gpu, but is there a fermi model that is 100% good for that? I was indeed thinking of giving it one or two gtx560ti, but i have seen some people reporting having stability issues with gtx 460 and other fermi cards, what to go for? Does the mac os limit gpu memory size? Is it possible to use two gpus?

Cheerios.

It depends.

If you want 4 cores (8 logical cores) build, go SB 2600K system.

If you want 6 cores (12 logical cores), go X58 i7-970 system.

If you want 12 cores (24 logical cores), go X58, SR-2 mobo, dual 4-core w56xx chips-- or just get a Mac Pro!

The alternative is using your current system for another 6 months to a year, and waiting for Lion + Ivy Bridge so you can get a 6 or 8 core, single-chip SB system for, hopefully, much less than current dual-chip setups.

If you need it right now, and you're serious, I think the sweet spot for price/performance is an i7-970, maxed RAM, strong GPU; for video editing, I think this would beat the 2600K systems pretty handily.

And here I thought you were gonna ask about using something like an 8500...

SC

nice, thanks for that input guys!

Think i will be setting up another x58 system then. Would be much willing to give this rig an i7 950.

I am somehow basing myself on that article written on the blog of the MAC PRO BUILD 2011 (NoFilmSchool Hac PRO). But i have always so many questions about it.

For example, why the list only specify the 1333mhz memory? Issues with 1600Mhz memory kits? Doesn't mac recognize higher spec memory?

So i am guessing if i want to have a stable and reliable hackintosh, i would most benefit going for the (GA-X58A-UD3R) rev 2.0, correct?

Also what about the SSD listed? Is there a reason why this item has been added to the list? Does it have to be a certain 'type' of SSD? Is there such a thing as SSD for WINDOWS and SSD for MAC? i saw a couple other SSDs on newegg that seemed better reviewed than that SSD listed by NoFilmSchool

SR-2 would be sweet justruss, but way over the budget for this rig, lol. (I saw a nice build somewhere here i think) with a SR2 pimped all the way to its guts, it must be such a win huh? i wish

i wish this build could be matx, would the Rampage III GENE be a good choice?
Powerful little red beast it is, handles 980x too, doesn't it? Never seen a 'Rogintosh' before =P

l_123123123123123123123.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back