CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! I've been studying the possibility of installing hackintosh for a 3 months. I have ambitious goals to make a powerful mini-ITX build with Hackintosh. And it's more complicated than I thought! I recently received my NCASE M1 by mail and really want to fill it. But I have a strong limitation - only the mini-ITX motherboard. Also I consider only the Kaby Lake platform. With this limitations I have only the following options:

ASUS ROG Strix Z270I Gaming
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac
ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac
GIGABYTE GA-Z270N-WIFI (rev. 1.0)
MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC
EVGA Z270 Stinger

Could you suggest the most preferable option for Hackintosh build? I think about ASUS ROG Strix Z270I. Is there a motherboard on which everything will work (with some efforts)? Thank you!

The ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is a good choice.
It has a good basic support and you can "unlock" thunderbolt. The Bios has a lot of options and it's really nice also as design.
BUT I will pair it with a Skylake processor, new motherboard + new processor it's difficult.
Thank you for reply! I chose the Asus. I hope I will not have problems

How did the Asus board work out for you, @Stowaway?

The ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac is a good choice.
It has a good basic support and you can "unlock" thunderbolt. The Bios has a lot of options and it's really nice also as design.
BUT I will pair it with a Skylake processor, new motherboard + new processor it's difficult.

Is there a guide or a post that can explain how to "unlock" Thunderbolt on this board? I have this with an Intel i5-7500 on my Windows Gaming build and thinking of using it for my next hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back