Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
I'm not completely sure, but I believe I might have a problem with power management on OS X Yosemite.

The system is installed onto a Lenovo G780 (2182) laptop with an i7 Ivy Bridge CPU at 2.2GHz, with HD4000 graphics.

Now, even with nothing running but the desktop, the CPU reaches max capacity, and at times will even go over the clock speed. (I have seen up to 2.87GHz)

nFVaVTv.png

This graph was taken at just the desktop, with nothing else running. Obviously either HWMonitor is incorrect, or something is wrong with the configuration. The massive battery consumption leads me to believe it's the configuration.

Attached is the IOReg and SSDT. Please advise.
_ _ _____________________________________________________
View attachment Fly1ng Squid’s HacBook Pro.ioreg View attachment SSDT.aml

I'm not completely sure, but I believe I might have a problem with power management on OS X Yosemite.

The system is installed onto a Lenovo G780 (2182) laptop with an i7 Ivy Bridge CPU at 2.2GHz, with HD4000 graphics.

Now, even with nothing running but the desktop, the CPU reaches max capacity, and at times will even go over the clock speed. (I have seen up to 2.87GHz)
This graph was taken at just the desktop, with nothing else running. Obviously either HWMonitor is incorrect, or something is wrong with the configuration. The massive battery consumption leads me to believe it's the configuration.

Attached is the IOReg and SSDT. Please advise.
_ _ _____________________________________________________
View attachment 108084 View attachment 108085

Looks correct to me. Your CPU will go to 3.2Ghz with turboboost: http://ark.intel.com/products/71670/Intel-Core-i7-3632QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz-BGA

Alright. Nice!

But should usage be that high with only the desktop running? I'm concerned that it's running at that high of a frequency with nothing that should be CPU-intensive running. Only thing I can think of is hardware virtualization.

To compare, at windows 8 desktop, the highest usage I will see is 2%, and that's with Rainmeter and all my background processes running.

Alright. Nice!

But should usage be that high with only the desktop running? I'm concerned that it's running at that high of a frequency with nothing that should be CPU-intensive running. Only thing I can think of is hardware virtualization.

To compare, at windows 8 desktop, the highest usage I will see is 2%.

It depends on what is going on in the background. If you have a lot of data files for spotlight to index...

Use Activity Monitor to determine what is using CPU resources.

It depends on what is going on in the background. If you have a lot of data files for spotlight to index...
That makes sense. It was a fresh install, and I did transfer my Logic Pro.

Use Activity Monitor to determine what is using CPU resources.
Will do! Thank you for your help as always RehabMan. You're the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back