Contribute
Register

power mac g5 is the case and logo painted or anodized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
self built
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Got a case finally :) got big plans but I was wondering about the scratches and dings,
let me know if any of you know:).
terramir

sorry i cant answer your question 100% but i think it is anodized (it would look better anyway).
I was wondering if you new where i could get a black mac mini early 2006 size case from. I no they are all white but it my brothers has a mac mini and thorough it would be a good prezzie for Christmas.

I no you can get them, seen i a couple of you tube vids.
just thought i would ask thanks:D

I also am not sure. I am gonna go with anodized tho because I know for sure its not paint! It doesnt look like or feel like paint. Im a painter for a living.

I am not sure what your plains are for your case. If you plain on using a back plate that means cutting... Why not paint it or powder coat it? I know you said starches and dings. If it was my case I would go to a auto body supply store and pick up some 3M glaze. Its light weight and fills every well. Take your time and do it right the first time around and make her look like new.

Happy Mod

After looking at my pictures of my case I am gonna change my answer to brushed alum. Little Bit Dirty.jpgCase that I picked up this weekend, needs a bath!!! Maybe this angle of the case will help us figure it out LOL!

It is definitely anodised.

:)

I am not sure how the logo was applied though.

Best way to colour a Mac Mini (which is also anodised) is to strip the case completely and to bead blast it (to remove current coating) and then colour anodise it. It will probably be expensive (ish) to do....

Blasting is the way to go.....I have read that some sort of oven cleaner can strip the coating, but I am a little sceptical/nervous of trying that.

Blasting is the way to go.....I have read that some sort of oven cleaner can strip the coating, but I am a little sceptical/nervous of trying that.

I will have mine blasted inside and out and followed by hot tanking it if it wont hurt the case. Its always a good idea to remove whats there before re coating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back