Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I have been doing quite a lot of research into creating a Hackintosh with a powermac G5 case (those darn Mac Pro cases are nice, but soooooo expensive). After more searching for a case on ebay than searching for a girlfriend in real life, I found the prime candidate.

Build specs are to come, but it will be a i5 2500k and some form of ATI graphics. (Suggestions are welcome!)

Also, I will be following gouedi's build ... well, more like using it as a guideline, as my metalworking skills aren't up to those standards.

My one question for you folks out there who have successfully converted your Powermac G5 or Mac Pro cases is; What singe item, technique or suggestion you used made the most difference in making your build come out great. (I have looked, all of your mods look fantastic!)

One final note, My case should be in by the end of July, and I should get started then.

Thanks!

I think the most important thing in all this, is enjoy all the process. Looks very easy in somes mod, but my mod took me 3 week (no working all the days of course, but like you, all the days reading a lot and searching information for resolve those problem that will be appearing... lol with that: a real girlfriend)

I think about the way to do it, thats depend of your money. At the beginning, I want to do with mobo tray, but since I'm in Venezuela, that increase the total final price, and I don't have too much time for finish and wait for the tray, so I decide to cut the back, like a lot of people did.

I was thinking to use that mod that you choose, without cut, but I have to much usb devices, and 2 is no enough for me. Other way that you can choose is use pci for audio, usb and off course the video card. With that, you don't need to cut anything, but if you want to do the back panel like that guide, is about your learning.

Sure you will learn something new. For me the most interesting part was the electric, and weld all the cables...

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back