Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 Cube Intel Reloaded Edition - my 2nd Hackintosh Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
found a new problem which I think is related to the bootloader,
everytime I do a cold boot, the POST said "A bootable drive is not found", but I can boot by pressing F10 and select the SSD, at the meantime, there is no other storage device connected to the board:crazy:
any solution I can get rid of pressing F10 all the time?:banghead:

A little update on my system, just got an USB 3.0 Hubs and able to use USB 2.0 Device through it finally:clap:
But still looking for solution to get all USB 3.0 ports work.

Btw, looking for a mini PCI-E WiFi Bluetooth combo card, is that the Atheros AR5B195 works natively without installing other kexts or DSDT mods? thx:mrgreen:

A little update on my system, just got an USB 3.0 Hubs and able to use USB 2.0 Device through it finally:clap:
But still looking for solution to get all USB 3.0 ports work.

Btw, looking for a mini PCI-E WiFi Bluetooth combo card, is that the Atheros AR5B195 works natively without installing other kexts or DSDT mods? thx:mrgreen:

could you elaborate how did you get usb 2.0 device working on USB 3.0? Thanks.

could you elaborate how did you get usb 2.0 device working on USB 3.0? Thanks.
Through an USB 3.0 4-port Hubs, then you can use USB 2.0 devices on the hubs

Could you post your DSDT.... I would like to see how the patch for HDMI is done. I am a DSDT noob!

Thanks!
chaos

chaos,
Here is the DSDT for BIOS 0045:
View attachment DSDT.aml.zip

and the corresponding patch file (edited for this MOBO):
View attachment hd4000_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit_v1.zip
You can extract the your DSDT from the MOBO with "DSDT Editor" and then apply the patch file.

I've done the edits according to toleda's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

MacTester

Tonight, I've finished the reloading process

Front view of the complete rig!
G4 Cube completed 1.jpg

Back view with the USB amp!
G4 Cube completed 2.jpg

Top view wit Blu-Ray drive, two USB 2.0 ports, power- and HDD-LED!
G4 Cube completed 3.jpg

The Cube's new innards from the back side!
G4 Cube completed 4.jpg

From the left side with the Bluetooth antenna!
G4 Cube completed 5.jpg

From the right side!
G4 Cube completed 6.jpg

Top side with new touch-sensor, USB and LED bracket!
G4 Cube completed 7.jpg

...And finally the bottom with the new I/O-shield and a double USB 2.0 bracket in the former graphics card slot!
G4 Cube completed 8.jpg

All in all, this was a fun project! Thank you all for your help, your inspiration and praise! :D

Because I have enough Hackintoshes here for a while, my next project will be a new DIY HiFi amplifier... ;)

MacTester

Last edited:
wow very cool!:thumbup: I happen to have an old power mac g4 cube lying around and would be very cool for a hackintosh. can you post what you had to modify on the inner chassis? also where did you put the PSU? and how on earth did you get the stock touch power button to work? or did you put another switch somewhere else...

This has got to be one of the cleanest, well thought out and true hack-in-toshed builds i have seen to date. You used every trick in the book to build a extremely slick hack with plenty of options.

Great work mate.

wow very cool!:thumbup: I happen to have an old power mac g4 cube lying around and would be very cool for a hackintosh. can you post what you had to modify on the inner chassis? also where did you put the PSU? and how on earth did you get the stock touch power button to work? or did you put another switch somewhere else...

Thank you! I've used an new touch sensor and a lot was modified on the chassis. If you read the whole thread, then all your questions will be answered.

Awesome Mactester!

Nice work!

Really enjoyed it!

Rick,

Thank you, Rick. What about your Cube project?

This has got to be one of the cleanest, well thought out and true hack-in-toshed builds i have seen to date. You used every trick in the book to build a extremely slick hack with plenty of options.

Great work mate.

Thank you, Haxx187. Such comments are very motivating. It was a lot of work, but I'm very pleased with the result.

MacTester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back