Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 Cube Intel Reloaded Edition - my 2nd Hackintosh Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mactester,

I just bought an exact same hardware config as yours and I am stuck at installation with "still waiting for root device", any flags needed during setup? Thanks:banghead::banghead:

meattattat,

Welcome to the community!

Hmm... Did you apply exactly the same BIOS settings as described above? Try to disconnect your PSU from the wall plug for a while. Are all SATA connectors plugged in correctly? What is your BIOS version? I did the installation with my 10.8.2 Unibeast stick IN A USB 2.0 PORT without flags!

Excellent work!.
Were you able to get the USB 3.0 ports working?
I got no response when I plug USB 3.0 or 2.0 devices into these ports.

Thank you!

USB 3.0 is always difficult on a Hackintosh! My WD 1TB HD with USB 3.0 works here, the 27"ACD and my USB speakers not. My Logitech wireless KB with mouse works too...

My Cube is running very very fine here since weeks :thumbup: (im writing this on it) good luck all DQ77KB owners with your setup process - it's worth it!

MacTester

meattattat,

Hmm... Did you apply exactly the same BIOS settings as described above? Try to disconnect your PSU from the wall plug for a while. Are all SATA connectors plugged in correctly? What is your BIOS version? I did the installation with my 10.8.2 Unibeast stick IN A USB 2.0 PORT without flags!

Thank you!

USB 3.0 is always difficult on a Hackintosh! My WD 1TB HD with USB 3.0 works here, the 27"ACD and my USB speakers not. My Logitech wireless KB with mouse works too...

My Cube is running very very fine here since weeks :thumbup: (im writing this on it) good luck all DQ77KB owners with your setup process - it's worth it!

MacTester

Hmmm....
I used the built-in usb 3.0 port, is that the reason?:eek:

meattattat,

Thank you!

MacTester
So you have USB 3.0 natively without any other kext or DSDT mod? Do you have sleep working?

Yes. Try again with a USB 2 port.

Great, installed sucessfully but still need a fix for usb, and sleep doesn't work too (without DSDT):angel:

So you have USB 3.0 natively without any other kext or DSDT mod? Do you have sleep working?

Yes, it works as I wrote above. No additional kexts or DSDT edits are required. I only have a DSDT for HDMI sound here! Sleep does not work. This is not really an issue, because the system boots up very fast - ca. 10s to the login screen!

Great, installed sucessfully but still need a fix for usb, and sleep doesn't work too (without DSDT)

Sleep will probably never work with this MOBO. Why? The BIOS has write protected areas, which are a problem. To get it up and running, the "Nullcpupowermanagement.kext" is required to disable the "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext". Unfortunately, sleep is disabled too. Hopefully, samisnake will find a way to patch the BIOS of this MOBO soon!

MacTester

Yes, it works as I wrote above. No additional kexts or DSDT edits are required. I only have a DSDT for HDMI sound here! Sleep does not work. This is not really an issue, because the system boots up very fast - ca. 10s to the login screen!

Sleep will probably never work with this MOBO. Why? The BIOS has write protected areas, which are a problem. To get it up and running, the "Nullcpupowermanagement.kext" is required to disable the "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext". Unfortunately, sleep is disabled too. Hopefully, samisnake will find a way to patch the BIOS of this MOBO soon!

MacTester

I was able to get rid of Nullcpupowermanagement.kext with a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and now I have native power management. Sleep still is a problem though the system wakes up immediately after sleep.
I can see all the USB controller listed in system info but plugging any devices give me nothing.

I was able to get rid of Nullcpupowermanagement.kext with a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and now I have native power management. Sleep still is a problem though the system wakes up immediately after sleep.
I can see all the USB controller listed in system info but plugging any devices give me nothing.

Interesting! Which version of Multibeast are you using? Are you still on Lion? I think, this MOBO will not run on Lion, especially your USB ports.

MacTester

Interesting! Which version of Multibeast are you using? Are you still on Lion? I think, this MOBO will not run on Lion, especially your USB ports.

MacTester
I am on ML 10.8.2. I used Multibeast 5.2.1's patched AppleHDA.kext. Patched DSDT to get HD4000 and HDMI working.

I only have a DSDT for HDMI sound here!

MacTester

Could you post your DSDT.... I would like to see how the patch for HDMI is done. I am a DSDT noob!

Thanks!
chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back