Contribute
Register

Power Mac G4 Cube Intel Reloaded Edition - my 2nd Hackintosh Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this something I can try for my temperature/fan issue?

Try it and you will know it. The original settings are definitely stupid.

The fact, that your CPU temps are much higher in the BIOS than in OS X / Windows is very strange. The readings in the BIOS are always a bit higher, because power management is not active then.

If I remember correctly, the core temperature sensors are located in the CPU and not on the MOBO.

Are you sure, that your MOBO does not have any damage due to metal chippings or electrostatic? Good luck.

MacTester

Try it and you will know it. The original settings are definitely stupid.

The fact, that your CPU temps are much higher in the BIOS than in OS X / Windows is very strange. The readings in the BIOS are always a bit higher, because power management is not active then.

If I remember correctly, the core temperature sensors are located in the CPU and not on the MOBO.

Are you sure, that your MOBO does not have any damage due to metal chippings or electrostatic? Good luck.

MacTester

Hmm okay the power management not being active is because of the patched bios am I right? before the bios patch it had the same teperatures.

I hope not, I did some reading that underneath the socket in the middle are also temperature sensors lets hope they are defect and not the one's on the cpu.
Hmm no didn't find rare things under the heatsink or cpu everything looks okay but tomorrow I'll send the board back to the company and get a new one :)

Rick,

Hmm okay the power management not being active is because of the patched bios am I right? before the bios patch it had the same teperatures.

No. The patch doesn't affect the PM functionality - it only does allow the OS X PM to work. PM is never active before your OS booted, so the temp readings in bios are always a bit higher.

The question is: did your temperature issue start after the installation of the patched bios or after the mechanical mod on your gelid cooler?

MacTester

BTW: I've modified and flashed bios 0048, 0049, 0050 & 0051. All worked flawless and I never had temp reading problems.

Hi MacTester57 !

I did not want to "pollute" your topic (http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-...my-2nd-hackintosh-case-mod-12.html#post547026) so I decided to contact you by MP but it´s not possible (50 posts minimum?!), sorry... I'm ordering for the components of TA2024, and I will like to know if you could tell me, which wires for internal wiring to the amp did you use?? If you have references (Distrelec...?!) that would be cool ...
Thx for tour help ;-)

BlackTusker

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't know where you live. Distrelec.ch is a electronic part supplier here in Switzerland. The wires are "Radox Litze" from "Huber + Suhner":
- 1mm2 for 230V and speakers
- 0.25mm2 for the rest

MacTester

BlackTusker

Sorry for the late reply.

I don't know where you live. Distrelec.ch is a electronic part supplier here in Switzerland. The wires are "Radox Litze" from "Huber + Suhner":
- 1mm2 for 230V and speakers
- 0.25mm2 for the rest

MacTester

Hi MacTester!

Thank you for your reply!!!

I live in France, and to order components there is Elfa-Distrelec for the rest of Europe : https://www.elfa.se/elfa3~eu_en/elfa/init.do?init=1&shop=ELFA_EU-EN .The references are the same as Distrelec.ch.

Unfortunately, I had already ordered components on July 15 and got the 17(damn, it was my birthday!)...Elfa-Distrelec is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Shipping: Freight - Automatic 20.00€ + Tax freight 25.00 % = 25.00€.....Aïe Caramba!!!

However, they were no longer in stock Alps pot, and I'm going to order again in August, so if you have the exact references Distrelec Huber + Suhner cables (125 or 155...) do not hesitate! ;-) ´cause, i can't find 0.25mm2 elsewhere as Elfa-Distrelec...

In any case thank you again for your availability and your precious help ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back