Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I recently completed a Power Mac G5 mod and connected the front IO up using a BCHMods Cable. I hooked it up to my Gigabyte H310M S2H expecting the power LED to be constantly illuminated, however whilst the computer is on, the LED is off.

I know the LED and cable work as when you press the power button, the LED remains lit for the duration of time you hold the button, but it's not constantly on.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Hey, did you ever figure out a solution to this? Running into the same issue

Same/similar issue with the adapter board from BCHMods. I find that the power led is on all the time, when the computer is shutdown and when it is running. I may just use a different led wired directly to the motherboard. I'm also thinking of replacing the usb with a usb3 hot glued to the original front panel board. At this point i'm not sure it is even work using the mod adapter board as i can just wire each item individually. If I still have to hack the LED the board is pretty pointless and i might just hack the lot.

This worked for me!. I didn't have the jumper cable included in my BCH Mods package, but I found a wire to replace it. To avoid the constantly on LED, put the pwr LED on the HDD Activity +, that way the LED will only come on when the Hard Drive is powered. The link goes to my solution and includes diagrams and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back