Contribute
Register

Power iMac (USB 2) 20 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mounting

53 mm will be available to place the motherboard and dvd combo
DSC04898 - copie.jpg

The metallic support was cut to allow more place for the motherboard. It will serve to fix the dvd combo, the SSD and graphics card.
DSC05003 - copie.jpgDSC05004 - copie.jpgDSC05009 - copie.jpg

the housing bottom is rid of the useless sinks and screw support. Standard PC case screws are fixed directly into aluminum (some shortened because of the small indentation on the border). Thoroughly check that no component key (there are many on the lower face of this type of motherboard). I reused the original plastic.
DSC05155 - copie.jpgDSC05156 - copie.jpgDSC05160 - copie.jpg

I cut the piece of sink and motherboard to the back of the housing properly.
DSC05172 - copie.jpgDSC05173 - copie.jpg

introduction of the motherboard. we can already see that the power cables take up too much space and it will simplify to release space for the graphics card. the same for the original case fan, too thick, it will be replaced by a noctua NF-A9x14 PWM.
DSC05175 - copie.jpgDSC05365 - copie.jpgDSC05362 - copie.jpg

power consumption

I measured with a power meter power consumption with the current configuration. It exceeds far not the 95 Watt (on after-effect hard work condition, I don't test whith game). I think therefore have flexibility required to install the DVD player, audio amp, and of course the graphics card (normally less than 63.5 watts). With 190 Watt origin PSU and 160 Watt pico psu, that should go, it will be just, but it has to go ....:-X....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back