Contribute
Register

Power button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this just on Clover then? I haven't seen any issues with my 4530s with Chameleon.

I don't think OP uses Clover bootloader. Will try "pmset -g assertions" if it happens again.

Im on chameleon (latest) ..

I'll be honest, its not a problem to me, i don't think I ever sleep my laptop, other than closing the lid.

after shutdown last night, boot this morning.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]pmset -g assertions[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]25/10/2013 08:12:41 BST  [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Assertion status system-wide:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   BackgroundTask                 0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventDiskIdle                0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ApplePushServiceTask           0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   UserIsActive                   0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   InteractivePushServiceTask     0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventSystemSleep             0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ExternalMedia                  0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   NetworkClientActive            0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Kernel Assertions: 0x100=MAGICWAKE[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   id=503  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=01/01/1970 01:00 description=en0 owner=en0[/FONT]

Still the same..

Im happy to mess about if you want to find a solution, got time on my hands this next week..

Im on chameleon (latest) ..

I'll be honest, its not a problem to me, i don't think I ever sleep my laptop, other than closing the lid.

after shutdown last night, boot this morning.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]pmset -g assertions[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]25/10/2013 08:12:41 BST  [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Assertion status system-wide:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   BackgroundTask                 0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventDiskIdle                0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ApplePushServiceTask           0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   UserIsActive                   0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   InteractivePushServiceTask     0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventSystemSleep             0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ExternalMedia                  0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   NetworkClientActive            0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Kernel Assertions: 0x100=MAGICWAKE[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   id=503  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=01/01/1970 01:00 description=en0 owner=en0[/FONT]

Still the same..

Im happy to mess about if you want to find a solution, got time on my hands this next week..

That is normal. There are no assertions.

Got it now, we can't use power button to sleep while listening to music:D

Code:
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   PreventDiskIdle                0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   InteractivePushServiceTask     0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     1
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 826(coreaudiod): [0x00000001000001e2] 00:00:15 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "com.apple.audio.'AppleHDAEngineOutput:1B,0,1,1:0'.noidlesleep" 
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=10/25/13, 10:37 PM description=EHC2 owner=AppleUSBEHCI

Like I said I don't use bluetooth. I find it completely useless. But you might get some more ideas if you posted a photo of your KP.

Here it is) IMG_1332.jpg

It is a memory corruption error. Is this a fresh install or an upgrade? If upgrade, have you installed a lot of 3rd party software? Also, what is your BT hardware?

I will probably split this thread, as clearly this is not related to the "power button."

It is a memory corruption error. Is this a fresh install or an upgrade? If upgrade, have you installed a lot of 3rd party software? Also, what is your BT hardware?

I will probably split this thread, as clearly this is not related to the "power button."

it is fresh install and may be with 4-5 applications installed, like hwmonitor, pacifist and so..

I think bluetooth is atheros, because wifi is atheros.. How can i check it??

it is fresh install and may be with 4-5 applications installed, like hwmonitor, pacifist and so..

I think bluetooth is atheros, because wifi is atheros.. How can i check it??

Install fresh with no 3rd party stuff. Test there as a way to isolate whether the issue is native, or something that happens later with the combination of things you have installed. Standard isolation software testing technique.

Install fresh with no 3rd party stuff. Test there as a way to isolate whether the issue is native, or something that happens later with the combination of things you have installed. Standard isolation software testing technique.

ok, i'll try. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back