HP 4530s
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi, after installing os maverics my power button just switch off my screen and my hp 4530s continues work!! What is this? please advise how to back up normal function...thanks))

And one more problem after each sleep i receive KP when push any btton on my mac bluetooth keyboard! What is the problem with maverics?? Please help me

Hi, after installing os maverics my power button just switch off my screen and my hp 4530s continues work!! What is this? please advise how to back up normal function...thanks))

This is by design. It is actually putting your laptop to sleep. Same behavior on my MacBookAir6,2 (and my 4530s). If your laptop isn't sleeping, check the output of 'pmset -g assertions' in Terminal.

To get the old menu, you can use Ctrl+PowerButton.

And one more problem after each sleep i receive KP when push any btton on my mac bluetooth keyboard! What is the problem with maverics?? Please help me

I don't use bluetooth, but you should try a fresh install to a test partition to see if it is a problem with your install.

This is by design. It is actually putting your laptop to sleep. Same behavior on my MacBookAir6,2 (and my 4530s). If your laptop isn't sleeping, check the output of 'pmset -g assertions' in Terminal.

To get the old menu, you can use Ctrl+PowerButton.

I don't use bluetooth, but you should try a fresh install to a test partition to see if it is a problem with your install.

Thanks for help with power button))

And problem with bluetooth stayed after fresh install
on externall hdd partition. What should i try more?

Thanks for help with power button))

And problem with bluetooth stayed after fresh install
on externall hdd partition. What should i try more?

Like I said I don't use bluetooth. I find it completely useless. But you might get some more ideas if you posted a photo of your KP.

Mines not sleeping upon pressing the power button, just turns the monitor off.

ctrl power brings up the menu

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]pmset -g assertions[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]24/10/2013 22:49:07 BST  [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Assertion status system-wide:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   BackgroundTask                 0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventDiskIdle                0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ApplePushServiceTask           0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   UserIsActive                   0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   InteractivePushServiceTask     0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventSystemSleep             0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ExternalMedia                  1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   NetworkClientActive            0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Listed by owning process:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   pid 72(apsd): [0x0000000c000002d1] 00:00:17 ApplePushServiceTask named: "com.apple.apsd-keepalive-sandbox.push.apple.com" [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   pid 72(apsd): [0x0000000c000002ce] 00:00:18 ApplePushServiceTask named: "com.apple.apsd-waitingformessages-push.apple.com" [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   pid 16(powerd): [0x000000090000012c] 01:21:46 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted" [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=24/10/2013 21:40 description=EHC1 owner=AppleUSBEHCI[/FONT]

Mines not sleeping upon pressing the power button, just turns the monitor off.

ctrl power brings up the menu

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]pmset -g assertions[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]24/10/2013 22:49:07 BST  [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ApplePushServiceTask           0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ExternalMedia                  1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   pid 72(apsd): [0x0000000c000002d1] 00:00:17 ApplePushServiceTask named: "com.apple.apsd-keepalive-sandbox.push.apple.com" [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   pid 72(apsd): [0x0000000c000002ce] 00:00:18 ApplePushServiceTask named: "com.apple.apsd-waitingformessages-push.apple.com" [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   pid 16(powerd): [0x000000090000012c] 01:21:46 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted" [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=24/10/2013 21:40 description=EHC1 owner=AppleUSBEHCI[/FONT]

Remove all devices from USB ports. You have "external media" loaded in one of the USB ports and OS X generally doesn't like this for sleeping.

strange, still the same..

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]pmset -g assertions[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]25/10/2013 00:25:52 BST  [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ApplePushServiceTask           1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ExternalMedia                  0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   pid 72(apsd): [0x0000000b000004c4] 00:00:01 InteractivePushServiceTask named: "com.apple.apsd-lastpowerassertionlinger" [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]No kernel assertions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]robs-MacBook-Pro-3:~ rob$[/FONT]

strange, still the same..

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]pmset -g assertions[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]25/10/2013 00:25:52 BST  [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ApplePushServiceTask           1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ExternalMedia                  0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   pid 72(apsd): [0x0000000b000004c4] 00:00:01 InteractivePushServiceTask named: "com.apple.apsd-lastpowerassertionlinger" [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]No kernel assertions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]robs-MacBook-Pro-3:~ rob$[/FONT]

Well, it is different now. Now just the apsd process. I have no idea what that does, but you might just wait and see if it goes away.

Well, it is different now. Now just the apsd process. I have no idea what that does, but you might just wait and see if it goes away.

It happens to me too, sometimes it will go to sleep with 3 devices in USB ports, sometimes it can't go to sleep by pressing Power button or holding Sleep button. Looks like the problem lies on software.

It happens to me too, sometimes it will go to sleep with 3 devices in USB ports, sometimes it can't go to sleep by pressing Power button or holding Sleep button. Looks like the problem lies on software.

Is this just on Clover then? I haven't seen any issues with my 4530s with Chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back