CPU
i3-9100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Quick question regarding the power button - I have 10.6.8 running fine on an Asus P8P67-M PRO motherboard (Core i3-2120, 6GB ram, HD6450 graphics card) - when I press the power button on the PC the screen instantly goes black but the computer doesn't shutdown - I have to press and hold the power button for a few seconds until the BIOS forces a power off. The shutdown menu option works fine but I would like to get the power button working as well - any ideas? I'm assuming the power button is attempting to put the computer in sleep mode - I would rather it fully shuts down than goes to sleep.

From Dock -> System preferences -> Energy saver -> Power tab -> (unlock if locked by clicking the lock sign on the lower left corner) -> DESELECT 'Allow power button to put the computer to sleep'

Thanks - pressing the power button now does nothing - is it possible to get it to do a shutdown? If I hold the power button down the PC will power off but that isn't a clean shut down so I currently use the menu option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back