Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been sharing my phone's net connection via bluetooth, and today I noticed that when I put my computer to sleep while it had a active connection to the phone, bluetooth remained after waking up. It seemed to be a bit buggy, but it was still there and seemingly functional. Anyone else experience this before?

There is a solution to that problem already, look in this forum :D

Well, crud. I tried updating the kext for bluetooth, following what little directions there were, and now bluetooth is non functional. I copied back the files it recommended deleting, repaired permissions, and run the HP Installer. the HP Installer now stops with an error, and still no bluetooth.

Hellmark said:
Well, crud. I tried updating the kext for bluetooth, following what little directions there were, and now bluetooth is non functional. I copied back the files it recommended deleting, repaired permissions, and run the HP Installer. the HP Installer now stops with an error, and still no bluetooth.

You have to follow the directions carefully. Removing old BT folder from extras. installing the new kext and 10.7.3 iobluetoothfamily.kext using kextbeast and not forgetting to remove local.BT-uploader.plist from its location...cant remember where Ill post the link in a moment. then it work perfectly

mac4mat wrote:
After you install Lion 10.7.3 and the latest update (3.3.0), you should have the following:
a) (/Extra/BT) folder with a previous solution (works well after boot, but doesn't wakeup);
b) (/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.BT-uploader.plist) which launches files from (/Extra/BT);
c) (/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext) which is a hacked kext (two plugins were moved into /Extra/BT).

To install and use the new BT kext (IOath3kfrmwr.kext), you will need to:
0) Get the original ("vanilla") IOBluetoothFamily.kext, for example, extracted from 10.7.3 Combo update using Pacifist;
1) Remove the three components a,b,c listed above (but make a backup copy of these items first, in case you will want to roll-back; super-user access will be required);
2) PlaceIOath3kfrmwr.kext and vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext on Desktop, and install them via KextBeast (or use your other favorite kext installation method).

Credits to Mac4Mac BigDonkey tegeze

Redid it, and working now. I think I may have mixed up which one was the vanilla iobluetoothfamily and which one wasn't. Redownloaded and extracted from 10.7.3, and so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back