Contribute
Register

Post your oldest-specc'd Hackintosh still in use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H87-D3H
CPU
i5 Haswell
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I built my first system back in 2009... It was a budget build since my mom couldn't afford to get me a real Mac Mini. Not to worry though, most everything in this build has been upgraded (more than once).

Currently:

C2Q Q6600 OC'D to 2.9 GHz (upgraded from C2D E8400 bought for $50 on CL about a year ago, originally purchased the Pentium Dual-Core E5200 bundled with an ECS G31T-M)

4GB Wintec Ram, upgraded from 2GB Kingston

Radeon HD4670, originally made use of onboard GMA 3100

500 GB HDD, nothing special... Other than the fact that it's running OS X Mavericks :p

No sleep, not even with a DSDT... Not too concerned though, this things been running constantly for months with no hiccups and now functions as an alarm clock with Wake Up Time Pro lol

Again, this build started as a budget with no intention of installing anything but Windows 7. Just picked what was on sale and slapped this beast into a Mercedes-Benz case (I was in 8th grade). Having tried to hack Tiger onto an even older computer (Single-core Celeron) a year prior, eventually I had to tinker with it. Leopard had no QE/CI what-so-ever... Snow Leopard support didn't come until about 10.6.8, and by then Lion was already out so I upgraded it and have been all the way up to Mavericks. Solid machine, I gave it to my mom when I built my i5 Haswell last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back