Contribute
Register

Post Your 3770k Overclock and Geekbench score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Temps seem really bad.

I´m idling at around 25c with an average aftermarket cooler. (not oc´ed yet; Ambient Temperature about 16c)
You should check your temps an Voltages in Windows.

i was getting 4ghz with a stock cooler before i went custom water. how did u even manage 4.03ghz with these intel ones u just need to bump up the multiplier and voltage when needed not like the old days were you needed b clock. what settings you using for the overclock. also if that fails you may have stuffed up putting the thermal paste on the physical chip and maybe should try and re-apply the paste to the chip.
Hope that helps

Overclocked to 4.2 Ghz with auto voltage using a Cooler Master Hyper 612S cooler.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1283647 64 -bit scores...

My only problem being that I have to disable EIST in order to register the overclock and get good benchmarks (which even appears in "About my Mac" part which is weird also) and that I had perfectly working sleep/wake before I OC'd...

System idles at about 30 C and 20 C Ambient temperature, 70C on full load After Effects rendering
But the system multiplier usually jumps annoyingly between 1.6 and 2.4.. Is this normal?

Anyways, I just choose not to tinker with BIOS anymore that I have a more or less stable system and good Geekbench score

What tools do you guys recommend for monitoring temperatures and/or overclocking in general if one chooses Windows for the testing or performance?

Just sounds like Windows might be the environment to test out the best overclock settings...

Thanks!

Hey guys
Post your;
- Overclock
- Geekbench Score
- Cooler used.

I got 4.8Ghz and a geekbench of 18693 and using a custom watercooling loop with XSPC raystorm water block with a RX

i7-980x turbo boost over clock to 4.2ghz but with all power management features left on so speed throttles from 3.65Ghz.
liquid cooled.
score = 16,596

i7-3570K 3.4ghz with turboboost throttle to 4.0ghz, all power management features on
air cooled
score = 11,946

i7-3720QM (15" rMBP)
stock everything
score=11,921

Those of you with the H80/H100 are you happy? I just bought one but I get worse temps than I did with my stock Intel Cooler. I can't even get to 4.03 Ghz without hitting TJ after about a minute of stressing. What kind of temps are you guys seeing. Currently I idle at low speed right about 40C on each core sometime around 35C but pretty rare. My CPU block temp always stays between 45C-50C no matter what the cores are. These temps mind you are at stock 3570k speeds not even over clocked!

Also I use HWMonitor and if you go to the preferences of that App they have a history graph there so you can track where each core has been.

The H100 is tricky to install correctly, I think the mounting brackets and hardware are poorly manufactured, every one seems to have one position that actually has good contact between the sink and the CPU. Try mounting it again, using a cheap thermal compound on the CPU only (radio shack has a ceramic compund for $5 for a big tube). pre-spread it with a baggy over your finger, a spreader tool, a credit card, or whatever method works for you to get a super thin layer over the entire CPU and the CPU only. Try positioning the sink/pump.controller combo and see which position leaves the most compound on the sink surface. Clean the cpu and sink again and use the same spreading technique but with a high quality metallic type thermal compound like arctic silver. Mount the sink in the best position again: hold it fast to the CPU while you get each thumbscrew just to the point where they meet the mounting brackets, then turn two screws at a time, a half turn at a time till they will not possible tighten any more. switch screws every half turn: tighten top left and bottom right a half turn at the same time, and then the bottom left and top right a half turn at the same time, repeat.

I have installed a bunch of these, this is a reliable way to get good performance out of the H100. if installed correctly it performs very well.

i7 3770k @3.7 GHz undervolted VID 0.950 (Speedstep enabled)
Idle Temp: about 24-28°C (ambient temperature of the room 21-22°C)
Load-TempMax: 62°C (1hour Prime95)
Temperature@Geekbench: 48-52°C
Geekbench Score: about 13750 - 13800 (x64)
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P PASSIVE cooled (pretty old model of Noctua, I use it since 2008, but pretty good and with free supply of adapters for new CPU sockets :p)

The H100 is tricky to install correctly, I think the mounting brackets and hardware are poorly manufactured, every one seems to have one position that actually has good contact between the sink and the CPU. Try mounting it again, using a cheap thermal compound on the CPU only (radio shack has a ceramic compund for $5 for a big tube). pre-spread it with a baggy over your finger, a spreader tool, a credit card, or whatever method works for you to get a super thin layer over the entire CPU and the CPU only. Try positioning the sink/pump.controller combo and see which position leaves the most compound on the sink surface. Clean the cpu and sink again and use the same spreading technique but with a high quality metallic type thermal compound like arctic silver. Mount the sink in the best position again: hold it fast to the CPU while you get each thumbscrew just to the point where they meet the mounting brackets, then turn two screws at a time, a half turn at a time till they will not possible tighten any more. switch screws every half turn: tighten top left and bottom right a half turn at the same time, and then the bottom left and top right a half turn at the same time, repeat.

I have installed a bunch of these, this is a reliable way to get good performance out of the H100. if installed correctly it performs very well.

Thanks for the heads up actually a few days ago I was taking it all apart to return to Fry's Electronics and as I pulled the pump off the CPU I noticed the thermal compound was untouched. So the Pump was essentially just hovering over the CPU. Found a YouTube video that shows the back bracket actually has a notch for the two screws on the back bracket fro the motherboard and I had it upside down so the standoffs were just a little too high. It works really well now!

Getting about 12,2 with my 3570k on 4.03!

I3770 with cooler master 212 plus.
4.2 Asus auto overclock gets me 14500 (32bit).
I tried manually doing it but kept getting prime95 errors. I guess I need to learn more.
The asus auto upto 4.4 sent my temps in the mid 70's so I guess I'm stuck at 4.2. I tried lowering the voltage but it just errored out.

With the 4.2 I get mid/lower 60's in prime95 and ae 3-d render

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back