Contribute
Register

Post your 3770 (non-K) overclock and Geekbench score

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a baseclock of 106 and multiplier of 43 with a H60 cooler. All voltages are set to auto except dram which is 1.5v.

Yes its the i7-3770 non K, i will not use the K as I use VMs and need the VT-d support which the K version lacks.

My ram is the Patriot "Intel Extreme Masters" Limited Edition 32GB 1866MHz clocked at 2120MHz.

Hmmm. Your memory score is slightly higher than mine, but the only difference I can see in the RAM is yours is rated 10-10-10-27 while mine (see the FractalPro build) is 10-10-10-30. Of course, different motherboard/etc.

Anyway, 15180 vs 15654 (3% difference) is actually fairly minor in the scheme of things. There's a fair bit of variation in per-run numbers anyway.

Impressive result PJALM. You keep mentioning VT-d. Did you have to do anything fancy to get OS X to work with it enabled?

Impressive result PJALM. You keep mentioning VT-d. Did you have to do anything fancy to get OS X to work with it enabled?

Don't want to stray from topic, but I recall having to disable that feature in order to get OS X to boot, or else it was stuck at apple screen with wheel spinning. Also interested in your answer.

I upped baseclock to 103, was stable but temps got to high for me. I just ordered the H60 and will wait to go higher with this until I get it installed. Thanks guys for help/info. This is alot easier then when I tried to overclock my i7 930 (could never get a stable overclock for some reason).

I use a baseclock of 106 and multiplier of 43 with a H60 cooler.
Really? While I can set 43 as the turbo for 1-core and 2-core states, 41 is the highest I can get for the 4-active-cores state, and is thus the highest that is used by OS X. I'm running a MacPro3,1. Are you using something different?
Does your BIOS allow a higher turbo than mine?

Finally the H60 cooler arrived, installed. Using PJALM settings, working fine so far.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 6.33.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-22 at 6.33.17 PM.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 288
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back