CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Build is the Customac Mini Deluxe build - i5 3570k, 16gb Corsair Vengeance RAM, GA-Z77n-WIFI, Sandisk Extreme 240Gb, H90 liquid Cooler, and noctua afx 14. I did have a GTX 660 SC but it is removed and cannot be used due to nvidia not updating to osx 10.8.4

However, I was installing everything with Intel HD 4000... Everything worked up until the multibeast restart... After being asked to restart and selecting the restart, everything seems to be working until the actual OS loads, where the entire screen becomes torn and what seems to be repeating numerous times across the upper part of the screen. I'm new to all this and I'm not sure what the problem is... The system itself seems to be running fine in the background of the mess on the screen, so I would assume it is the GPU... How can I fix this?

(Note: Ive restarted it with the "boot: -x -v -GraphicsEnabler=No" and according to the log, it fails to load the "intelHDdriver.apple" or something along those lines... In addition, I actually get to the log in screen but all my peripherals seem to fail / disconnect... I can see the text line still flashing, so I don't think it froze... again I'm not sure...)

I have a GTX 660 SC, which needs Nvidia's online Driver... only it was never updated for 1.8.4 and will not let me install the 1.8.3 driver...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but now my Intel HD 4000 doesn't work either...

UPDATE: READ NEW POST, NO NEED FOR ONLINE DRIVERS

EDIT: There is discussion towards the end of this thread about getting the 660 to work on 10.8.4 http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/73081-testing-thread-geforce-gtx-660-a.html

I think I've seen the thread but I haven't seen that post yet... THANKS! :D I'll look into it and see if I can successfully use the GTX 660 SC and disable HD 4000... I can't test today (too busy) so I will probably test tomorrow. Anyone with the same issues I will keep updating here with results.

GREAT SUCCESS! Not sure if the EVGA GTX 660 SC w/ 2Gb RAM is an exception, but you actually don't need any open cl patches FOR THE GTX 660 SC, IT IS NOT THE SAME FOR OTHER CARDS. Inaddition, make sure to check the "GraphicsEnabler=No" in multibeast (under customization). Also, when installing, DISABLE integrated graphics as AUTO will not properly stop the Integrated Graphics and conflicts instead. When first booting and after the multibeast restart, I recommend using the boot argument " -x -GraphicsEnabler=No " in order to install and set up. Keep in mind This was with a EVGA GTX 660 SC 2GB edition as others may need patches, this one had all the drivers in the OS X!

My PC for all those curious:

i5 3570k (3.4Ghz w/ Turboboost 3.8Ghz)
GA-Z777N-WIFI
16Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
EVGA GTX 660 SC (2Gb)
Atheros 9280 Half Size Wireless Card (300Mbps) Ar9280
SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD

Corsair H90 Liquid Cooler
Noctua AFX14
Bitfenix Prodigy White w/ added Side Panel Window (which prevented dust from entering the side of the case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back