Not open for further replies.
MSI Force Z690
13900K w/ +1 ratio overclock
6200MHz DDR5 RAM

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 5.51.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 6.02.17 AM.png

Last edited:
Those scores look like top of game.

Intel flagship gaming found a surprising (to me) amount of perf advance in the last 2 years compared to previous trends:
- from 10th gen to 13th,
- single 1450 to 2360,
- multi 11500 to 26500,
- PCI3 to PCI5 4x
- DDR4 to DDR5 RAM 2x

I am wondering what other 2 years saw such increments?

Did Apple push ahead with goals for AppleSi and this lit a fire under Intel desktop program?

Or did Apple set its goals based on roadmaps from their previous time working closely?

A 2x step forward is a meaningful change in how work gets done.

*** What's your impression of the performance experience overall?
Stability?
Thermals?
Bugs?
Will you move to Ventura?
GPU?
Drives?

Based on my mixed feelings about my own 2021 i9 project. I think this late model kit is super cool to nerd out on. Yet I get the same feeling from it as muscle car excess. This is gear tailored for consumption, not for stepping towards profound changes in value of work.

It's about the sorts of goofy contradictions portrayed in the movie Don't Look Up (where the comet mcguffin should be read directly a ecological crisis.)

I am watching the unfolding of Dall-E and GPT-3 from a distance. The early promise of computing was a more rational world. But it's working out the opposite.

—Hunter Thompson's quip that when the going gets weird the weird turns pro.

Hallo, does you cpu reports full speed while running Cinebech? I'll explain, I got an 13600K which goes to 5.1Ghz full speed, but during Cinebench it goes up and down, like 4,7 then 4,9, then 5, then 4,6...and so on, it is preperly cooled with a Noctua and never goes above 70c. Still I get 23000 which should be in line with the performance of the processor.

Hallo, does you cpu reports full speed while running Cinebech? I'll explain, I got an 13600K which goes to 5.1Ghz full speed, but during Cinebench it goes up and down, like 4,7 then 4,9, then 5, then 4,6...and so on, it is preperly cooled with a Noctua and never goes above 70c. Still I get 23000 which should be in line with the performance of the processor.
I"m not sure, I didn't look at CPU speed, but my Cinebench score hits ~40K, which is about as good as I have seen on Mac. I think there is a limit to how long it will run at max clock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back