Graphics
6870 x 2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, so I've spent a huge amount of time upgrading from Lion to Mountain Lion since it came out. I think I've attempted no less than 20 times. Each time regressing back to Lion when I got stuck with ML. I struggled with my 6870 and got a GTX780 so the install would be easier ( not to mention the Gaming benefits lol)

I just did an install, added updates, and all is great. ML boots no problem.

Now since I'm upgrading I wanted to move my users and programs from the time capsule. In the past this has usually nuked my install ( when using the 6870)

This time I opened my backup and deleted the Extras folder, so there's no chance to get overwritten on the new installation.

So some 6 hours later, all my users, programs and settings are transferred over. I'm asked to log out and log back in, which I do with no problem. OSX takes almost an hour to index my moved stuff. I do a repair permissions, verify disk etc.

I still haven't rebooted yet.

I'm at the point where I want to reboot to see if this will boot. I'm very afraid. Lol.

Is there a way to check the kexts etc before I boot to make sure everything is there that is required and to minimize it getting nuked?

I'm temped to run MultiBeast to make user my settings stick prior to reboot.

Any other advice?

This is the farthest I've been with Mountain Lion. It's been a real struggle to get ML going on my system that ran Lion so very well.

GA z68xp-ud3 mb with uefi firmware uj
I7 2600k
Nvidia gtx780

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back