Contribute
Register

Post Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you are still using the low-res, default VESA drivers on your 1080. You need to install the nvidia web drivers. They are on the downloads page on this site.

Download the drivers
Make sure csrActiveConfig is 0x67 or 0x3FF in config.plist (use clover configurator to edit) (these settings disable SIP, System Integrity Protection, which is necessary so some unsigned kexts get loaded). Make sure NvidiaWeb is set to true in config.plist. Inject Nvidia should be false; nv_disable should be false/off/0.
Install the drivers; when they pop a warning, hit continue. Reboot when instructed.

Yeah you are still using the low-res, default VESA drivers on your 1080. You need to install the nvidia web drivers. They are on the downloads page on this site.

Download the drivers
Make sure csrActiveConfig is 0x67 or 0x3FF in config.plist (use clover configurator to edit) (these settings disable SIP, System Integrity Protection, which is necessary so some unsigned kexts get loaded). Make sure NvidiaWeb is set to true in config.plist. Inject Nvidia should be false; nv_disable should be false/off/0.
Install the drivers; when they pop a warning, hit continue. Reboot when instructed.
Do you know what Ethernet next I would use for the Z270x Ultra Gaming?

I've looked around online and can't find it, it just says intel Gbe LAN. I tried the AppleIntelE1000e 3.2.4.2 but that didn't work

I don't know which one was working before cause it just worked from the unibeast USB I created

Last edited:
Hi! Could You give me your BIOS screens? plz make the photos. I have the same build but still can't load with GPU =(

Do you know what Ethernet next I would use for the Z270x Ultra Gaming?

I've looked around online and can't find it, it just says intel Gbe LAN. I tried the AppleIntelE1000e 3.2.4.2 but that didn't work

I don't know which one was working before cause it just worked from the unibeast USB I created
According to http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Ultra-Gaming-rev-10#sp, the rev1.0 version of your board, if that's the one you're one, uses an Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit). I have the same. Try the IntelMausiEthernet kext on the downloads page. That's what I use.

Download the drivers

Okay first of all when I open configurator it find three config.plist, attached a picture of this. I assume I want EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist

Secondly where do I check/change this csrActiveConfig, I cannot find it :s

And finally every time I boot I have to use the flag -disablegfxfirmware, so I assume I can just put it in the boot custom flags part and it will use it automatically?? Like in the photo

Thank you in advance you're super helpful

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 72
Okay first of all when I open configurator it find three config.plist, attached a picture of this. I assume I want EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist

Secondly where do I check/change this csrActiveConfig, I cannot find it :s

And finally every time I boot I have to use the flag -disablegfxfirmware, so I assume I can just put it in the boot custom flags part and it will use it automatically?? Like in the photo

Thank you in advance you're super helpful

I changed csrActiveConfig to 0x67 and i get this screen when i reboot

Attachments

• mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png
    mac-prohibit-symbol-screen-icon.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 65
I did what you've said, confirmed that sip is disabled so I did do it. Now every time I change in the system preferences to use Nvidia web driver and reboot it reverts back to using "OSX Default Graphics Driver".

checked in config.plist and Nvidia web drivers are set to true also

I feel so close, what do I do?!!

I did what you've said, confirmed that sip is disabled so I did do it. Now every time I change in the system preferences to use Nvidia web driver and reboot it reverts back to using "OSX Default Graphics Driver".

checked in config.plist and Nvidia web drivers are set to true also

I feel so close, what do I do?!!
Can you make a copy of your EFI, remove themes, and upload it please so I can take a look. Also, have you installed anything manually to either /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions? Ideally you have not.

Go ahead and force a kextcache rebuild. From a terminal prompt:

$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

And it wouldn't hurt to reinstall the latest web drivers, just to make sure they stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back