Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 430 G2
CPU
core i5 haswell
Graphics
intel 4400
Hello all.

First of all I'm completely new to this I apologize if my questions sound stupid

So I managed to install Mavericks by the guide with the Clover bootloader By selecting that my device is 4x0 G1 (I know that it's wrong now). After doing this however I have several things that are not working:

Audio - no input/output device in System preferences. (ALC 282)

I can't find from where I can adjust brightness - the key combination is not working/ in System preferences - no such an option

No battery indicator

When I close the lid it's not going to sleep. Apple logo -> Sleep, however works.

Could you be so kind and at least just explain how to proceed (at least where exactly to search for beginners like answers)

Here's the info that I've gathered so far

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0RMIYoSrrAsd2cyOFkwXzlxYU0&usp=sharing

DSDT and Codec folder - dsdt and codec dump from linux

Hardware info gathered by ubuntu - some hardware info that i have gathered for my machine

Troubleshoot folder - following files:
- EFI/CLOVER/ folder in EFI partition (mounted by CC)
- /var/log/install.log in Mac partition (hidden folder)
- /S/L/E/AppleHDAIDT.kext in Mac partition.

As of know I don't know how to proceed with this I read about patching the dsdt but I have no clue how to work with the software for patching as it has only Patch and compile buttons.

Any help will be gladly appreciated

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 4.13.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 4.13.32 PM.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 308
I gathered all the suggested info (1st post is edited). Rehabman advised me to open a new thread but since I have already this one I hope that someone can help me now

Try the latest PBI CE I just uploaded.

Now I have battery indicator, and brightness control when I close the lid it goes to sleep even I have some option for the sound however my touchpad and keyboard don't work (they worked before) I plugged a USB mouse and it's working but I don't have sound even though the sound menu in Sys Prefs is full of options

P.S I assume that for the sound I should rebuild cache but I can't since my keyboard doesn't work and it's asking for password

P.S 2 - I rebuilt cache and permissions (with an on screen keyboard) still no sound

Now I have battery indicator, and brightness control when I close the lid it goes to sleep even I have some option for the sound however my touchpad and keyboard don't work (they worked before) I plugged a USB mouse and it's working but I don't have sound even though the sound menu in Sys Prefs is full of options

P.S I assume that for the sound I should rebuild cache but I can't since my keyboard doesn't work and it's asking for password

P.S 2 - I rebuilt cache and permissions (with an on screen keyboard) still no sound

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

A USB keyboard should work...

Please download the latest PBI again and install kexts to see if trackpad/keyboard can work or not.

...however the fn key with brightness (and sound) doesn't

If you don't have audio working, Fn keys for sound not expected to work...

As far as brightness keys, try changing the '2246' in your DSDT to one of 1411 or 1619. Report back which one works better.

It is also possible your brightness keys are handled via ACPI on this new model... You can find out if they generate PS2 codes by running the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Should I compile it after the change (the DSDT) because when I try it gives me 7 errors (about unexpected "}" and expected ")")

P.S Actually before trying the beta version of pbi the fn keys worked, at least those for the sleep and the sound. those for the sound showed that there is no sound with this
http://macriot.com/mcrt/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/20080702024205426_2.jpg

And the sleep just put the computer to sleep

now nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back