i9 10900K
Graphics
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! I'm smashing my head against the wall at the moment. I have put Unibeast with El Capitán on an USB, set the BIOS according to compatibility requirements, and booted it. After a couple trials that did not end really well, I have set the bootflag nv_disable=1 and it worked! I installed El Capitán, rebooted it and finished the installation process. So far so good! After that, I installed Multibeast's post installation tool and configured it for Mac Pro 3.1; maybe I made a mistake by enabling nvidia injector, since the injector drivers do not cover my graphic card's drivers, but anyway.. After that, I installed the custom graphic drivers for GTX 970, and rebooted the computer (of course, I removed the USB containing the osx before rebooting the computer). And then.. Nothing! Or, better: I have rebooted it and it didn't work, getting stuck at Apple logo loading. I have then tried putting the disable_drivers=1 boot flag again, and it booted but it then put my monitor to sleep,as if it didn't recognize my DVI plug. I then rebooted the computer and nothing worked ever again, no matter which boot flag I set: always stuck at loading boot. Whaaat should I do? Thanks!

I may be in a similar boat as this, try using the flag -v which will give you verbose mode so instead of seeing the splash screen you will see a wall of text on your screen showing you the boot process of the system, I also have a gtx970 and i7 processor and the problem I am having is appleintelnullcpumanagment kernal panic, this would cause the boot up process to crash at about the half way point in the splash screen loading bar. If this is what is happening with your machine then I think you would need to install the applepowermanagment kext but so far I have not been able to get this to work with multibeast or clover on my own machine, also with my setup I enabled the nvidia injector and that causes my motherboard to reset in the middle of bootup and I have to remove it and use nv_disable=1 to get my system working in conjunction with the usb bootloader.

---edit---
Meant to mention instead of using disable_drivers check your flags for nvda_drv=1 which I believe is the flag for nvidia injector and replace it with nv_disable=1, that might get you booted into the system although obviously without your graphics card drivers but will give you all your other enabled drivers. There's also the -x flag which will boot you in safe mode with minimal drivers which might help work things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back