Contribute
Register

Post-install nags: spotty bluetooth, zombie restarts, disconnecting external drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170N Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm running my Skylake Z170 system with El Cap 10.11.4 (has been previously 10.11.3), and while it works great 90% of the time, I'm encountering a few odd issues I'd love to get fixed:

1. My computer will resume operation from a sleep/suspend/shutdown state **on its own**. Specifically, it will turn on at random times, but when I go to shut it off at the end of the day, it will consistently turn itself back on 10 minutes later. I'm using darkwake=8, Wake On LAN is not an option on my bios.

Taking a look at the console, some of the Wake Reason’s mentioned included:
Code:
GLAN HAS
(which I cannot find un-abbreviated, so I don’t know what it means), and:
Code:
[HID] [ATC] AppleDeviceManagementHIDEventService::processWakeReason Wake reason: Host (0x01)

Anyone want to shed some light on these terms?

2. I cannot get any external USB devices of hard drives to remount on wake from sleep, or in some cases, they will remount, but only after a “Please eject your USB device safely” message. They do successfully unmount on sleep however (I'm using Mountain app for this). I have tried Safe Sleep USB injector but that doesn't appear to make any difference. How can I get my drives to remount on wake?

3. Bluetooth will disconnect and show "No Bluetooth available". I actually am using a 100% Apple compatible Broadcom wireless chip, and it was working incredibly well for a time, but now, when I start the machine, Bluetooth will be available for quarter of an hour or so before disconnecting. Thoughts/solutions?

4. My Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keyboard is not recognised by El Capitan as an Apple device. It works, and I can type on it, but noticeably, some commands, like Home & End, don’t work in some apps (I need to use Command + Left Arrow & Command + Right Arrow respectively). What’s up with that?

All help appreciated! I’m willing to PayPal people who successfully fix any of the above problems with US$5 each as a reward :)

Kexts I am using:
Kexts installed:
CodecCommander (2.4.0)
FakeSMC (1394)
USBInjectAll (0.5.8)
FakePCIID (1.2.4)
BrcmFirmwareStore (2.2.2)
BrcmPathRAM2 (2.2.2)

Kexts patched:
AppleHDA (x3)
AppleUSBXHCPCI
IOBluetoothFamily
AppleAPIC

Hi @Antilogical, are you still having problems with this? For #1, I'd run pmset -a womp 0 to turn off wake from LAN. I'm guessing you have a combo Bluetooth and Wifi Broadcom card (do you know your PCI ID?). How's the Wifi portion working for you? I'd check to make sure your antennas are connected properly and your not dropping that way.

Hi @Antilogical, are you still having problems with this? For #1, I'd run pmset -a womp 0 to turn off wake from LAN. I'm guessing you have a combo Bluetooth and Wifi Broadcom card (do you know your PCI ID?). How's the Wifi portion working for you? I'd check to make sure your antennas are connected properly and your not dropping that way.

Hey. Yeah, all these are still issues, but they haven't annoyed me enough to take corrective actions to resolve them. I've just finished upgrading to 10.12 today, so I'll see if this resolves any of them (or introduces new issues!). If not, pmset is probably a good place for me to look at for resolving the autonomous waking... so I'll give that a go if it comes to that. Thanks!

I'm running a BCM94352Z and the WiFi has always worked great. Bluetooth as I mentioned above can be a bit spotty. If you can tell me how to locate my PCI ID (I looked in System Info and couldn't see anything standout), I'm happy to post that.

I'll post back in a few days to see if Sierra has resolved any of the issues I've mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back