Contribute
Register

Post-Install help needed: audio, LAN, iGPU. Mojave 10.14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 3 kext files were not in /L/E so I used KextBeast to put them there. I rebooted, but still no graphics acceleration.

I then tried the CBM Options you suggested (I even hard set them into the config.plist to be sure they took)
  • Graphics Injector> Fake ID is 0x00000000
  • ig-platform-id: *blank*
  • InjectIntel is checked
  • Result: no graphics acceleration still. Still only shows as 7M VRAM as well.
Very discouraging. I hope you have some other tricks up your sleeve, but if you are ready to throw in the towel, I understand and really appreciate your time helping!

Those 3 kext files were not in /L/E so I used KextBeast to put them there. I rebooted, but still no graphics acceleration.

I then tried the CBM Options you suggested (I even hard set them into the config.plist to be sure they took)
  • Graphics Injector> Fake ID is 0x00000000
  • ig-platform-id: *blank*
  • InjectIntel is checked
  • Result: no graphics acceleration still. Still only shows as 7M VRAM as well.
Very discouraging. I hope you have some other tricks up your sleeve, but if you are ready to throw in the towel, I understand and really appreciate your time helping!

When you installed those kexts ( Graphics and Audio Support kexts mentioned earlier) and rebooted, did you not have the correct FakeID: 59128086 [the first 4 numbers (5912) are Unique for that Graphics HD 630 and the last 4 digits(8086)signify it is Intel's] in your config.plist -Devices and and the[√]InjectIntel and ig-platform-id:59120000 in config.plist_Graphics SECTIONS? Or did you have the 'dummy numbers' with extra zero in them?

Whatever you put in config.plist in those 2 SECTIONS are seen in CBM>Options> GraphicsInjector-> sub menu of Options.

If you forget to install them in config.plist, you have a last chance to temporarily edit them in CBM>Options for that boot as a test.

They, along with the rest of submenu in CBM, with the proper boot flags help in booting.

In summary, in my experience: the kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions should have Lilu+WhateverGreen +AppleAlc kexts for Video and Audio along with the right FakeID and ig-platform-id.

The ig-platform-id selection is still in a trial and error area even for the same INTEL HD ###.

Fake ID
is somewhat easier to select by adding some numbers suffixed to the Device ID that is Unique. That should should be 8 numeric or alphanumeric string.

Now that those 3 kexts are installed, I tried the four combos below again.

First try
  • Fake ID: 0x59128086
  • platform id: 0x59120000
  • Boot Args: dart=0 -v keesyms=1 debug=0x100 -disablegfxfirmware kext-dev-mode=1 -no-compat_check
  • Result: kernal panic on boot

Second try
  • Fake ID: 0x59168086
  • platform id: 0x591B0000
  • Boot Args: dart=0 -v keesyms=1 debug=0x100 -disablegfxfirmware kext-dev-mode=1 -no-compat_check
Third Try
  • Boot Args: dart=0 -v -disablegfxfirmware
  • Result: bootloop
Fourth Try
Back to using the settings below:
  • Fake ID: 0x059128086
  • platform id: 0x05912000
  • Result: boot with no graphics acceleration still. Still only shows as 7M VRAM.

Now that those 3 kexts are installed, I tried the four combos below again.

First try

Second try
Third Try
Fourth Try
Back to using the settings below:
  • Fake ID: 0x059128086
  • platform id: 0x05912000
  • Result: boot with no graphics acceleration still. Still only shows as 7M VRAM.

This is the realm for RehabMan.
I bow out for RehabMan to help you out.
I want you to prepare your post with uploaded "Problem Reporting files" to make things easier to get help.

Sorry I could not help you succeed. The Proprietary Computers are really hard for me as I have not handled any in over 15 years . It was very nice trying the troubleshoot with you.

This is the realm for RehabMan.
I bow out for RehabMan to help you out.
I want you to prepare your post with uploaded "Problem Reporting files" to make things easier to get help.

Sorry I could not help you succeed. The Proprietary Computers are really hard for me as I have not handled any in over 15 years . It was very nice trying the troubleshoot with you.
Edit: I had assumed all along your BIOS options including DVMT Pre-Allocated was OK for Intel HD Graphics as I posted at #4

Thank you for all of your help, truly! All video settings were set how I described in the first page. Not many "settings" at all really.

I will be trying to make a hackintosh again in the future with parts that are known to have an easy time running macOS.

Thanks again!

Thank you for all of your help, truly! All video settings were set how I described in the first page. Not many "settings" at all really.

I will be trying to make a hackintosh again in the future with parts that are known to have an easy time running macOS.

Thanks again!
For a sure to work economical Hardware from case to Monitor , Wireless keyboard and mouse (Amazon)and WiFI+BT (Newegg) that worked splendidly in Mojave+Win10+Linux check this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-mojave-14-2-on-ga-z370p-d3-i5-8600k-intelhd630.268319/

Thanks for that! I was wondering, are my issues all because I am trying to run Mojave? Will I have better luck running High Sierra?
Mojave is more difficult than High Sierra in my personal experience.
As far as macOS High Sierra, you may have to test the old saying 'proof of the pudding...' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back